Convertible and coupe in DC area pick&pull

atikovi

About all I remember is the trunk and tail lights were in good shape because I couldn't open it. Didn't realize there is no pass-through from the cabin to the trunk like on the coupes. As to why it's there? Could have been impounded or abandoned or maybe the engine or transmission went out. It's a junkyard after all.

If you need to open the trunk, you can bring a small child with you, and do the following:

1. open both rear storage compartments.

2. unlatch top from tonneau using the black handle in the compartment behind the driver's seat

3. feel around in the back at the top on each compartment. You should find a hole, and in that hole there should be a strap you can pull on and unlatch the tonneau. You have to do this on each side

4. once you've opened the tonneau, deploy your small child (younger than 8 y/o works best) and tell them to go down and pull down the orange lever in the trunk.

5. get the kid a Happy Meal.

Anyways, if you do get back over there, I'd also be interested in the red latches (cargo bins and glove box).

Thanks,

1) They don't allow anyone in under age 18.

2) Even if they did, I don't have a child. I guess I could ask a neighbor if I could borrow one of theirs, but getting asked by a guy you only know through an occasional hi and bye waive to borrow their kid to go to a junkyard might not go over too well.

2) Even if they did, I don't have a child. I guess I could ask a neighbor if I could borrow one of theirs, but getting asked by a guy you only know through an occasional hi and bye waive to borrow their kid to go to a junkyard might not go over too well.
LOL

I would like to see the look on their face when you tell them you want to put their child into the trunk of a car in a junk yard.

Have done it myself with a long extension rod. Can almost reach from well where top goes but am (relatively) small.

If you do get to the 'vert, I could use the top latch assemblys (wires and recepticals) from the tonneau and the pins & blocks that engage on the top (unscrew). Should take about 10 minutes once the tonneau is up.

Could always rent a trunk monkey.

Guest daveagain909

atikovi, I need the plastic seat belt cover from the convertible. that sits behind the seats and directs the seat belt into car so it does not get tangled,I need this for the driver side but would like both. If you are going over to the yard let me know and I will pay what ever you or the yard need. Please let me know. my personal email is daveagain909@aol.com

Thanks in advance dave

Guest daveagain909

as for getting at the release for the trunk, I have been able to get at it myself after opening the toneau cover. And I am not small. not rally that hard.

Crazy Rays Junk yard?? Is there Phone number I need a side molding piece driver side quarter panel, will they ship the part?? Nick 90 r conv.

Was just thinking.. If it's still there or you haven't gotten it already, be sure to get the '90 headlight switch..

That was the #1 thing I needed and got from that car for $7 that everybody was asking $200+ for. I had a perfectly good switch in my car but the top button was worn and I got a good button from a Riviera switch but after taking apart my switch to install it, I couldn't figure out how all those small parts went back together. Has anyone put together an opened up switch that had all the parts apart?