Hi everyone, new to the board and have a question. My buddy has a motor out of a 51 Sudebaker, stright 6 with everything still on it, he said I can have it but I have nothing to put it in. So I told him I would see if I could find out what it's worth if he wants to get rid of it?.....he also has the front axel with the hubs and everything that go's with it.. I geuss Im asking is it worth selling to someone or should he just take it to the junk yard? Thank you....Will

That 170 cid was built from 1946 through 1961. Fortunately, for Studebaker folks, many of them are still out there. That's not good news for you. That said, they are still worth more than scrap and, as Dave indicated, "Once it's gone..."

I know of a fellow who actually put one in his Corvette when his factory engine wore out and he couldn't afford a new crate.

Shipping would make it unmarketable. Best to contact your local Studebaker Drivers Club Chapter for someone close who may be interested.

Post your query to the SDC Forum and let them know where it's located. You could get a nibble or, at least, suggestions.

SDC Forum address is here:

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Hi everyone, new to the board and have a question. My buddy has a motor out of a 51 Sudebaker, stright 6 with everything still on it, he said I can have it but I have nothing to put it in. So I told him I would see if I could find out what it's worth if he wants to get rid of it?.....he also has the front axel with the hubs and everything that go's with it.. I geuss Im asking is it worth selling to someone or should he just take it to the junk yard? Thank you....Will
When you say axle, can you be more specific?? Is it a straight axle or a coil spring axle and is that everything side to side?? Or???