Sign in to follow this  
stealthbob

Landau at the Charlotte Auto Fair

Just arrived back home from 5 days of very tiring pleasure.

Thanks for all the great comments and a special thanks to Brian for his help and directions.

There was one more prize won.

At the banquet, my seat won the flower arrangement but I forgot to get it.

Might have been for the better. Had I brought it home to the wife, she would have thought I`d been up to something.

Bob

Edited by progoofoff (see edit history)

Congratulations Bob. Best of Best of Show for Charlotte Autofair. That is awesome. You and the Landau deserve it. So how you likin that ugly ol' fitty fo right about now?

So about the flower arrangement. I don't believe I would make a point of tellin Linda you won them and then Forgot to bring them home to her either. Sounds like a lose, lose situation to me. Sounds like mum's the word about the flowers.

Would like to see some pictures of the trophies and plaques after you rest up.

My sincerest congats to Bob Coker for taking the Landau to its original beauty. Winning the Senior award in Charlotte is only the first step in my mind in rewarding Bob for his efforts, his dedication to excellence, and his sense of taste for this very unique automobile.

As the original owner, speaking for my late father, Robert F. Blair, you have taken the dream car to new heights. Thank you for purchasing the Landau and restoring it to its' glory days. I think Harlow Curtice would really enjoy a ride in it today.

Kudos to Charles Barnette would was a big factor in brining attention to this truly world-class limo.

Rob Blair

Austin, Texas

OK as promised here are the photos from Victory Lane and a couple from the parade of champions before entering Victory Lane.

That's Ray Evernham, famous former NASCAR crew chief and owner, who was the MC/Awards Presenter in Victory Lane.

post-53096-143138506735_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506752_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506768_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506784_thumb.jpg

post-53096-1431385068_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506816_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506832_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506848_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138506864_thumb.jpg

No problem! I was a little down about being the only Reatta at the whole Auto Fair (that I've seen thus far), but seeing the Landau in person certainly remidied those lonely feelings. It made my day! :D

NCREATTA: The family and I didn't get to the speedway until later in the day on Sunday but were glad to catch a glimpse of your VERY nice looking Reatta convertible with the grey interior as you drove out of the speedway.... we tried to catch a close up view until you pulled into the parking lot off to the right on B.S. Blvd. Hope to catch you in the Fall if you attend, we really appreciate the pictures you have posted on the Landau, awesome. :-)

Way to go! The Landau certainly deserved it! :D That's a huge Best of Show trophie! I think it'd hold more like a gallon and a half. :rolleyes:;)

NCREATTA: The family and I didn't get to the speedway until later in the day on Sunday but were glad to catch a glimpse of your VERY nice looking Reatta convertible with the grey interior as you drove out of the speedway.... we tried to catch a close up view until you pulled into the parking lot off to the right on B.S. Blvd. Hope to catch you in the Fall if you attend, we really appreciate the pictures you have posted on the Landau, awesome. :-)

Thanks! We pulled into that parking lot to take a picture near the pedestrian bridge with the "Welocome to Charlotte Motor Speedway" sign.

Thanks! Sorry we didn't get to talk, I'll probably be back in the fall, either with this car, or another, not sure which yet. :)

Taking on a life of their own, the new wheel covers of the Landau have become as red hot and magical as Dorothy's "red shoes" in the "Wizard of Oz". Just think that at one time these wheel covers humbly resided in my Texarkana bedroom unknown to the world and just waiting for their time at Charlotte (2011). I know I am a simplistic dreamer, but just let me be naive enough to think the new wheel covers made the minute difference to hoist the Landau into a lofty position on the world stage this year of 2011. In beautiful reality it was of course the Landau in the Buick Master's hands (those of Bob Coker) that brought home the bacon as we say in Arkansas! Through accessibility, Bob has wonderfully transformed the great Landau into the "people's Motorama car"! Charles D. Barnette

Edited by Charles_Barnette (see edit history)

Thought I'd post some pics of the Landau's trailer. Even that's a sight to see. A lot of thought went into that trailer.

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

I know this thread is getting most of the attention as rightfully deserved but we had some other Buick at Charlotte Autofair to see them if you are interested go here

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buicks-charlotte-autofair-301871.html#post873911

Also our own Forum Flunkie (is that what we are?) "NCReatta" AKA Marck Barker AKA Future Thriller son-in-law (Couldn't resist) took home best unrestored Buick in the Carolina Chapter's show. Yeah Marck!!

AKA Future Thriller son-in-law (Couldn't resist) took home best unrestored Buick in the Carolina Chapter's show. Yeah Marck!!

Hahaha... Gee, thanks.. :rolleyes:;)

Thanks yall, I truly didn't expect that. :D

I didn't know that Mark....your too modest to brag eh?

Congratulations....must have been a great day indeed!

14 lb. trophy eh?

That's only a few pounds lighter than Uncle Bob!

Careful Brian...aside from the general silliness, southern boys tend not to fare too well in our winters...it is funny enough watching CFL football players from southern climes come September / October.

Mike - the trophy will keep him from blowing away in the wind....

Careful Brian...aside from the general silliness, southern boys tend not to fare too well in our winters...it is funny enough watching CFL football players from southern climes come September / October.

Hey hey hey....you started it.... go back to your post on February 7th, 2011 in the what's your age thread...:eek:;)...anyway just pokin fun...:D

Last I checked, this was a Buick Forum.. Not eHarmony, guys... :rolleyes:

I know...you still need to be careful young fella...;):rolleyes::eek: