1961/1962 FS Oldsmobile Trailer Hitch

I have had this trailer hitch in storage for too long!

I removed it from my 1962 Starfire.

Sold it in 1979.

Golf cart duty.

It takes two bolts to bumper and one to the frame.

What I think is called a class 1 or 2 type hitch.

It is chrome plated and still looks nice and has the bumper bolts.

It is stamped "OLDS 61/62".

No idea if it fits the F85 series.

$20.00 plus shipping.

Ron

• 5 months later...

Wow...You just made my day! I live in Ohio zip code 45601.Let me know about shipping cost and how you would like to be paid. I have a Paypal acct.if that helps or a money order etc..Plan on pulling my old boat....Doesn,t weigh much and tongue weight is just about non- existent.

post-78904-143138657556_thumb.jpg

This boat came from a horse barn in Cinci.,Oh a year ago. Former owner stated it was a Chris Craft kit boat but I could find nothing on or in the boat to verify his statements. He had started to restore it but passed away before it was done. I will post pictures as soon as I can with it attached to the car.

post-78904-143138657876_thumb.jpg

post-78904-143138657895_thumb.jpg

post-78904-143138657914_thumb.jpg

I will post a picture tomorrow of the hitch so you can see if it is what you want.

Now if I could just sell that nos rear quarter chrome bead I would be completely out of 1962 starfire parts after thirty plus years.....

No, I take that back - I still have a few hubcaps hanging around.

Ron

In answer to your question of membership, no I'm not. Was with the Olds Club Of America . Most of the cars I have owned have been modified (mechanically) as my 1962 is and most clubs tend to frown on these.The 62 when found had a cracked block so I installed a Starfire motor and added multiple carbs but other than the dual exhaust it is very stock appearing.Hope to have the hitch in the next few weeks as we have a car show coming up and they want me to bring the boat as well

post-78904-14313866058_thumb.jpg

post-78904-1431386606_thumb.jpg

post-78904-143138660619_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the hitch - just want you to be sure.

I loved the styling of the 62 sf and dual rear tail lights. I also modded the sf to have three tail lights like the caprice and 'tangs but with kids - I did not have the money - sadly.

Ron

post-70687-14313866108_thumb.jpg

post-70687-143138661087_thumb.jpg

OCA won't grumble much about the engine change and dressup; it's still Oldsmobile and of the correct era. You'd just have to show in Modified classes.

West, if he joins us and we can get this photo shoot, we can leave the hood closed and no one will be the wiser as it is a completely stock appearing 62 D88 except the engine chrome.

1fat62, take a little time and put some red in the hubcap Rockets along with the black stripe in the trim rings. You'll have the needed accent there, and that car will pop!

Where were you in '62? :cool:

Glenn was referencing that "red" paint in the hubcap "rockets"; a little trick I learned that works for me, you be the judge...on both the dog-dish rockets and the Fiesta spinner rockets, find a can of Chevy orange-red engine paint, like you'd do up a 283 in. Did that on my dog-dishes for the wagon, and it looks great!

• 1 month later...

Received the hitch for the 62 and it was in really nice shape.Chrome cleaned up well added a couple of holes to frame,enlarged the one behind the plate and bolted it on. Made our first car show with the boat attached and had a great time .

Lots of people there but no one had any idea who may have manufactured the kit for the boat so I'm back to square one.Thought maybe being close to a lake where we have lots of old boats some one might recognize it.

Only one other Olds at the show, 72 442 .

One of the fellas wanted me to submit pictures of the boat hooked to the car so here they are.

Thanks to everyone and especially Ron D. for bailing me out!

post-78904-143138699535_thumb.jpg

post-78904-143138699557_thumb.jpg

post-78904-14313869959_thumb.jpg

Well, You did me a bigger favor by removing part of my menagerie and putting a relic from the past back into operation.

The sweet smell of a rare comb - car and boat - how sweet it is for you!!!!

I have tidbits of 53, 59, 62, and 76 Olds that I need to peddle - mostly just little chrome do dads or clocks. A 59 super 88 hydro I have hauled around for 40 years - fender skirts and the heads with exhaust manifolds and intake and air cleaner off a 76 98 that I have had 20 years too long.

I am planning on retiring in the near future and moving - so I will put a revolving list in the for sell section - neat stuff needs to go - they were common when I got them but time made them scarce.

Ron