Sign in to follow this  
BUICKRICH

1936 BUICK VIN LOCATION ???

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE THE VIN NUMBER LOCATION IS ON A 36 BUICK 4 DOOR ?? IS IT ON THE MOTOR ,?? IF SO WHERE? THANK YOU IN Advance for your help!!!... Rich ..,

Try posting this in the PreWar Buick section. Old cars do not have VIN numbers, they have chassis or serial numbers. There will also be an engine number somewhere near the distributor. The chassis number should be on the frame behind the right front wheel but there might be an id plate on the firewall.

Should be on the Right (Passenger) Frame Rail where the cowl meets the frame. It is an "aluminum" looking tag.

It was also stamped into my 1938's right rear frame rail back by the gas tank, but the only way to see it was to remove the body.

I forget where the motor numbers are on 36, but on 38 it is on a machined section at the back of the motor passenger side just below the push rod cover.

You may want to make further post over in the BCA prewar section of this forum as you may get better responses.

Also there is a 36-38 Buick Division of the Buick Club of America lots of good tech tips and parts. Private Message me if you want more info.