My barn (garage) find 65 riviera gs

scottie

I purchased from the original owner's widow.

Astro Blue, blue deluxe cloth interior.. California car with the original black&gold plates and protect-o-plates. Fully loaded..number's matching, am/fm, a/c, power vents, cruise, wooden steering wheel..etc..etc...sitting for about 10 years.

I really liked the color combo, you don't come across ones like this very often.

Scott

post-42155-143138500354_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500434_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500465_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500466_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500467_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500503_thumb.jpg

post-42155-143138500562_thumb.jpg

1965 GS, Original owner, CA black plate car, straight looking body, well optioned, presumed original driveline. Yea, those don't show up too often. You should be pretty excited.

I'm sure theres a few out here besides me that would like to know what you purchased it for should you be willing to divuldge that info.

Guest Rob J

Congrats. I too, just recently purchased a 65 GS Sahara Mist, fully optioned car, even with Guide matic. In similar condition to yours, but a bit more in a disassembled state. In the process of a frame off now. It is very exciting seeing these cars coming back to life.

Keep in touch with the restoration, and let me know if you need anything.

Rob.

Guest Rob J
Fellas...fellas.....how munch I paid? it's only money...just something for me to tinker with....you should see the 65 riv gs I drive!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OK, OK. Show it to us. And the car too. LOL:eek:

Guest nickdaytona

I heard from a reliable source that he paid ONE MILLLIOON DOLLARS !! ( say it like Dr. Evil would ) . Now you know.......;-)

Guest Rob J
I heard from a reliable source that he paid ONE MILLLIOON DOLLARS !! ( say it like Dr. Evil would ) . Now you know.......;-)

Well, if that's the case, I'll happily offer somebody a deal and sell mine for only 1/2 a million. What a steal. :eek: Please act now, as this offer will not last long, and is subject to change.

Guest Kingoftheroad

All this 65 Riv GS talk has got me feeling a little envious.....

Congrats on your find, regardless of what you paid !

By the way - is the label (decal) on the air filter correct for Riv 65 GS ? I ask as my filter has no any, so I will have to look for it.

Yes, that decal is correct for the 65 but the Riv 71GS chrome lid never got a decal.