classic68(newbe)

Guest classic68

Guest classic68

Hi Guys, A buddy of mine just bought a 1961 Lesabre. We stripped all the chrome off this car and because the nuts and bolts were so rusted on we had to cut most of them off. When they come back from being rechromed were going to need nuts and bolts for most of the car, because were bringing it back to original. Any help you guys can give us. Is there a kit? THIS CAR WAS SAVED FROM THE CRUSHER!!!!!!! It,s a BUICK Thanks Kenny

Are you talking about the bumper bolts (with the rounded stainless caps on the end)? Or the mounting bolts for the brackets? If you are going to have the car judged, then I would say give Ken a call at Wheatbelt. His number is 580-855-2449. He specializes in used Buick parts. The bumper bolts can be purchased new from various suppliers, but there are no "kits" to speak of.

Guest classic68

Hi buick5563, I believe he is a BCA member and has plans to show this car. As soon as I can get down to his house I will take some pitures and post them. From my expeince with show cars, he has a lot and long way to go. Thanks for the info I will keep you posted on the resto.Thanks classic68 Kenny