Peerless pics

Dave Mellor NJ

Dave,

Thank you for putting this link up on the Peerless Forum. All you need to do now is get a Peerless! There was a pretty nice Peerless for sale in New Jersey a couple of years ago, a 1925 Six-72 Sedan. Also, thanks for finding that car in Norway.

In 1929, there were four lines of cars coming out of the Peerless shop:

1) the 8-125......114 HP Straight 8.....322 c.i.d.

2) the 6-91.........70 HP Six...............289 c.i.d.

3) the 6-81.........66 HP Six...............248 c.i.d.

4) the 6-61.........62 HP Six...............215 c.i.d.

I believe only the 6-61 had the horizontal louvers, but there were so many of them sold that they kind of dominated company production that year. In some ways, the horizontal-louvered cars denote the lowest priced of the four models, but looking at it another way, that's what the Roosevelt-Marmon and Stutz looked like at about that time, too.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Jeff,you must be slipping. That 25 is probably the same one I PM'ed you about last year when you first requested information on undiscovered Peerlesses. I could have bought it from a guy named Irv Lippincott in 1978 for about 2 grand. I talked to Bob Romano about it and he said the owner when he found it wanted about 7500. I don't know if it sold. The Peerless was a great car but I'm stuck on Fords. I still have those brushes if you ever decide you want them.