Moisture under floor mats

Guest gdiwicker

Guest gdiwicker

So I have clear floor mats and when I'm driving for 30 plus minutes, condensation builds under the floor mats. I think since I had motor mounts installed, the exhaust got raised closer to the car and is causing the heat transfer. Would having the exhaust bent or modified vs installing a heat reflective material (lizard skin, dynamat) solve the problem better?

Not sure exactly what year we are talking about but another possiblity that I have seen on another GM product of the 70's or 80's is an air conditioner drain being plugged. It caused water to run down the firewall and under the passenger side carpets.

Guest wildcat465

You got moisture under there.

Check afore mentioned items, add windshield seal and body seams to the check list. I hate saying it, look for rust hole in floor.

Get it fixed, or your next problem is a nasty smell, caused by mold. Even tougher to fix.

Guest gdiwicker

OK more details.

64 Riveria 425

When I did get the engine mounts replaced, the other after effect was that when I'm in reverse, the the PS exhaust rattles against the undercarrage.

It builds up no matter if I have the ac, and heater off or on. It also doesn't matter if it hot or cold out and I never take it out in the rain.

Guest REX STALLION

Heres a odd one, the vent system under the fenders is a place that can rust through causing water to seep in through the fresh air vents. Look for the obvious first as removing the fenders is a bigger job.