18" wheelskin steering wheel cover

I have a new, in the box, black 18" Wheelskins custom leather steering wheel cover which I am not going to use as I purchased a rebuilt steering wheel.

Wheelskins covers are top of the line and are a great way to protect or cover damaged steering wheels. You can visit their website for more information on the product.

$25 shipped in the lower 48.

Shown with some other things I am selling.

post-58051-14313849719_thumb.jpg

Edited by SMB
Price dropped (see edit history)

Guest Irv D

I already have one of the wheelskins on my '50 DeSoto. I refurbished the steering wheel myself (was badly cracked, chipped, etc. You said that you purchased a rebuilt steering wheel. What make, mode, & year of car? Also, could you tell me where you purchased, when purchased, & cost?

Thanks..........Irv D

I bought it from Shrock Brothers. They specialize in Studebaker reproduction items.

My car is a 1937 Studebaker President Coupe. They remanufacture steering wheels and I believe will do more than just Studebaker. They have a website. Just do a search.

I purchased my wheel from then at the South Bend Studebaker show and swap meet two years ago. It had been rechromed in addition to being recast. I paid $600 after trading in my old wheel IIRC.

post-58051-143138498445_thumb.jpg

Guest Irv D

I sent an e.mail to Shrock Bros. to see if they could rebuild a DeSoto wheel. They said all they do is Studebakers & no plans for DeSotos. I did find a guy in CA who does them, but he wants $1,000 - too rich for my blood. Will have to try elsewhere. Thanks for your suggestion & answer to my inquiry........Irv

ANOTHER GOOD REBUILDER FOR STEERING WHEELS:

D and D AUTOMOBILIA in Mt. Airy, North Carolina !

Don and Donna Eash have built a very nice reputation for quality work .

Their phone # is 336-429-2188

Don's brother is Barry Eash - Barry and his wife Lindie have B & L Enterprises, an excellent Restoration shop near Johnstown, PA, doing restoration on "Running-Board" cars. - some of the most decent folks I've met in the business.

Guest Irv D

Marty - thanks so much for the information on another source for rebuilding steering wheels. Also, nice to know of the brother Barry - as I may be doing some resto work fairly soon on the '50 DeSoto & perhaps could use some help. I am in upstate NY - so PA is not that far. Will have to google Johnstown PA to see exactly where it is.

thanks again.........Irv D

• 9 months later...

I may be late on this, but do you have the steering wheel wrap. I have a 1958 Belair i would like to cover the steering wheel. Waitin to hear from you. Deewey.