2 1955 Buick convertibles 4sale. 1 project/1 90% complete

Guest gas pump kid

Guest gas pump kid

I really hate to bail out, but after hearing that my father has been diagnosed with cancer, it is time to get into something he and I can enjoy today. So I am selling two 55 Buick Convertibles. First is my RARE 55 buick super convertible.. My dad and I have been working on the car off and on for almost a year now and are not far from having it back on the road(it was running and driving when I bought it). I am just looking to get my $$ back and find something ready to go which I have found, but still will consider trade offers. Alright, I have already had my 55 roadmaster on here and have had some interesting trades and while it is still for sale I thought I would list both it and my Super which is 90% complete and just a short time from being back on the road. It is a very rare car from what I have found out with less than 3500 being made in 1955, I has the dual spotlights option and has every power option for the year (steering, windows, seats, top, etc). It does have the 322 nail head engine and the dynaflow tranny. The bad about this car is that it does need some finishing up to do. The driver side(front and back) floors need replaced which I do have and the rear was already started by the previous owner. It will also need the front side windows replaced as well.It will also need a rear trunk pan as well. The interior will need to be redone as well(i have several sets of door panels, dashes, trim pieces, etc. I have so much stuff I really honestly dont know what all is really there. I bought the Super and it was missing the side chrome which I now have. I also recently purchased a new gas tank and sending unit($500). I also have $3500 worth of new chrome bumpers for the front and rear and at least two, maybe three other sets with the roadmaster that are not in too bad of shape and could be used. I can not go on as to how much extra stufff there is with both cars, so please feel free to call me and I will domy best to tell what all I have. I am just gonna copy/paste the info fro the roadmaster add to give the info on it. Someone could be driving the Super very soon and either fix the roadmaster and sale it for a good amount and proly make back what they give for the two!

(roadmaster)

The roadmaster was in the process of a complete restoration when the previous owner passed away. The car started out as a 2 door hard top and was being converted over to a convertible(some minor body work needed to finish installing body panel that surrounds the convertible top can be seen in pictures). It is titled in my name(as is the super) as a 55 roadmaster convertible. It has been completely disassembled and most all of the body panels were sand blasted, however the owner passed away before everything had the chance to be sprayed in primer. It has remained in dry storage since it was sand blasted, but will have to be re sanded to smooth it back out. It comes complete with lots of extra parts for the previous owner had purchased two complete cars (and a third maybe because I am sometimes finding 3 of some things) to make the one(one was a convertible and the other a 2dr hardrop). I have a folder with info on the cars that were used and the convertible that was used for parts was priced for over $5,000 itself. I bought the car to get some trim pieces that I needed for my Super. This car is about as solid as they come and is what I would call a very strong 85% to 90% rust free auto( almost all the paint has been removed, so there are no surprises what soever. The biggest rust issue is on a spare fender and can be seen in the pictures. Other than that there is a small hole on each side(bottom of rear 1/4 panels on both sides in front of wheel well). I do have two new replacement panels for both sides, but personally feel it would be easier to fix the holes themselves since the side trim covers the spots anyways. I would love to keep it along with my Super but I feel it is just too much work for me and dad to handle at this time. I am told that it was a running/driving car before it was disassembled for the restoration. I have the original convertible frame so that whoever gets it can start from there and do any upgrades(I was gonna fourlink the rear and air bag the car and intstall a 97 Z28 drivetrain) to the chassis they might want to do.. The body man that was working on the car said he had already charged the previous owner over $5000 for the work that had been done up until the time of his death and that the car was to be sold at the Haggerty auto auction when it was completed. The convertible top had been mounted and he said everything lined up real nice. The drive train is the original 322 nail head(carb has been removed, but i do have it) with dynaflow transmission. It will need a new front windshield(not certain on the side windows) and inner front fenders. The interior is complete as well but will also need to be redone. If your looking for a car to restore and or customize the way you want with all the hard work already done so that you can start building and putting it back how you want, then this is the car for you. I am still open to trades as well. I might consider trades on a nice newer Harley cruiser(Road King, FLH, etc) or other classic bikes such as old Flat Heads, knuckles, pans, and such. Or other old classic cars or trucks( preferably pre 1960s but the older the better) rat rods, etc., preferably running condition. Also interested in partial trades on old gas stuff( pumps,signs, etc.) Thanks for looking! Email any questions or pictures of potential of trades to jobyspears@yahoo.com Please call after 2PM EST. Feel free to call with any questions or trade offers. I was going to ask $40,000 and be negotiable, but due to my circumstances I am asking what I have in both cars(not including my dads and my time) which is $35,000 FIRM! As I said before, please feel free to call and I will give any more info I have as to what is there. 270-699-9153 home and 859-319-3542cell

Thanks and God Bless! I AM HAVING TROUBLE UPLOADING PICTURES AND WILL TRY TO GET MORE ON HERE SOON

post-74592-143138495697_thumb.jpg

post-74592-14313849575_thumb.jpg

post-74592-143138495755_thumb.jpg

post-74592-14313849576_thumb.jpg

post-74592-143138495765_thumb.jpg

Guest gas pump kid

I am taking a loss at $30,000 for everything, but have found a car that is running and ready to go so me and my Dad can enjoy. I will also separate the two. I would be willing to take $7500/trade for bike or car/truck for the Roadmaster drop top project(have pics upon request). I will take $25,000for the Super drop top or might trade as well. I would rather sale, but who knows.... Whatcha got?

Guest gas pump kid

I dont know if I mentioned, but the Super is a real deal one of 3427 made numbers matching car. It was also a factory dual spotlight car(which I do have but they are not the best of shape.) Bottom dollar for both cars so I can get something going with the car I have found is $25,000! My lose will be someones gain for sure...

Guest gas pump kid

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the heads up, but I am not to familiar with the website that you are talking about. Could you copy/paste thje site so I can find it and post it on there as well.

Thanks again for the heads up and kind words.

Joby

• 1 month later...