Detroit Wheels & Rims

mdsbob

Looking for information/literature on Detroit wheels and rims. I believe Detroit made demountable split rims. I am looking for 26" rims and to aid that effort trying to learn any particular characteristics of Detroit’s so that I will be able to identify them when I see them. If anyone has literature and or photos that you would share, or for that matter any information that would be of help please contact/PM me on the is forum.

Thanks,

Bob

Detroit rims came both clincher and straightside, they have an unusual removable section. My info shows Allen, Chevrolet, Detroiter, Maxwell, and Ross using this brand but only Chevrolet D and 1916 Ross using 26" and both were straight sides. I have a few Detroit lugs if of interest.

post-34894-14313849072_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Detroit rims came both clincher and straightside, they have an unusual removable section. My info shows Allen, Chevrolet, Detroiter, Maxwell, and Ross using this brand but only Chevrolet D and 1916 Ross using 26" and both were straight sides. I have a few Detroit lugs if of interest.

Layden, would your literature have an illustration of what the proper lugs look like for my 1917 Maxwell 25?

Howard Dennis