jackofalltrades70

1947 56C Project "Can't finish unless you start"

So, pullet the top valve out of the car and disassembled. The bakelite base that bolts to the aluminum valve base is cracked. Not sure if this part was replaced when rebuilt, or if the old bakelite was reused. Will call hydro lectric this afternoon to see what my options are.  

Matt

08B4093B-8B17-40BD-A75E-411B556C0D41.jpeg

• Sad 1

After talking with Hydro E Lectric, the bakelite was reused, and not replaced because it looked ok.  So, I asked it replacements are available, but they are currently out of stock. My name is on the list for a replacement.  

Meanwhile, I found another valve in my spares that the bakelite is not cracked on. So, I have everything to check the pump pressure with and will do so tonight.  Will have to disassemble this other valve, clean and inspect for cracks after I return from vacation.

Matt

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jackofalltrades70 said:

After talking with Hydro E Lectric, the bakelite was reused, and not replaced because it looked ok.  So, I asked it replacements are available, but they are currently out of stock. My name is on the list for a replacement.  

Meanwhile, I found another valve in my spares that the bakelite is not cracked on. So, I have everything to check the pump pressure with and will do so tonight.  Will have to disassemble this other valve, clean and inspect for cracks after I return from vacation.

Matt

Could this be scanned and 3-D printed?

I would imagine it could be.  I have seen other parts, more intricate made with that process.  If they (hydo e lectric) will have parts soon, I see no reason to reinvent the wheel over again.  

Thanks 

Matt

• Like 1

So, removed the pressure line and hooked up a gage dead heading the pressure to check full pressure on the pump. Had a steady 255-260 psi which should be well within the range of the system. I will try lowering somewhere between 220-230 psi when I return from vacation.  Then I will revise the other valve I have and swap some parts around and try again.

Matt

• Like 2

I guess I can post this here as I won this award because of the car.  

Tonight was the Scranton AACA installation banquet for officers and I was awarded The Roy Clark Award.  Felt a frog in my throat. I feel so proud to have my name on this trophy among many others.

Matt

EA5E6AA3-4828-4582-B34C-ECF654929610.jpeg

852020F7-AF06-43EE-8800-06EC4BFC9A07.jpeg

4A6E1E06-4B7E-4719-B758-1A4EC622D16C.jpeg

• Like 9