For Sale: '27-'29 Packard Pilot Ray Headlights

Guest Drew74

Guest Drew74

I have a set of Pilot-Ray Packard lights, that look to be repolished forsale. I believe these are for a 1927-1929 Packard.

I also have the assembly kit with instructions.

I will consider all offers, please email me @ Floggymollys@gmail.com

Thank you,

Drew

post-74426-14313848805_thumb.jpg

post-74426-143138488052_thumb.jpg

post-74426-143138488054_thumb.jpg

post-74426-143138488056_thumb.jpg

post-74426-143138488058_thumb.jpg

post-74426-14313848806_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drew74
Email (see edit history)

Guest Drew74

I believe they are for a 1927. Someone else told me they were for a 1929, which is why I wrote that in there. I'm unsure if they are repoductions. I wouldn't think so, since they have the stamp on the back of them from Packard.

The only think not repolished was the assembly kit, so that would make me think they are the real deal. Plus, the guy who used to own these, actually had a '27 or '28 Packard, just never used these.

Guest Drew74

Any idea as to what they may be worth? I've been searching on the internet for a few months and haven't really seen much of them out there.

I checked out that American Arrow website and saw some different styles selling for around $2200, but nothing like these on there. Any ideas?

Guest Drew74

Ok, I still have them in the packaging they were shipped in. If I don't get any bites off this site or another site I've posted them to, I may try the Ebay route. Thank you for your help.

Guest Drew74

West, I wanted to thank you for insite. I actually sent an email to the American Arrow Corp company, and Don Sommers replied back stating that he makes and sells these. That they are for a Pre 1929 Packard. And are worth about $3000. Will see if I get any interest on here, if not will try the Ebay route. Thanks again.

Drew

Drew74, another option would be offering them to Don Sommers or another Packard supply house at a "wholesale" price; that way they don't gather too much dust on your shelf and you may be able to reach an agreement that gets you ahead of whatever you paid for them, which by the sounds of it is nowhere near 2 grand?

Good luck, they are really nice items.

Guest Drew74

Steve_Mack_CT, I may try that if Ebay doesn't work for me. I didn't pay anything for them, I got them through my family. So anything is money is my pocket.

I have the orignal box they were shipped in, whenever that was. You can tell is was many years ago, as there wasn't a barcode with the shipping info. It was a hole-punch card, I believe this is the way they used to track orders in the '50's or '60's?

If not one ends up taking off my hands, may just make them a wall ornament in my house. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Drew74

Thank you all for your input on these, I don't know how to delete this, but the lights have been sold.

Thanks,

Drew