CT - 37th annual CCR AACA Spring Meet

We have firmed up the date for the 37th annual CCR AACA Spring meet - it will be in Glastonbury, CT Sunday, June 12. Rain date is two weeks later.

This is one of the few local meets that is still judged; other features include a swap meet area and new this year, some children's activities including a coloring contest (antique cars of course) for younger guests and for older kids (of all ages) an "open cockpit" area where kids can check out some volunteer's antique autos up close and personal. (among others, I am doing this with my car, and giving a copy of the Antique Automobile to kids who show an interest)

Stock Steve and the guys from his region have been very supportive of our show, and I know a couple other regulars from this forum may be nice enough to bring some interesting stuff this year, more to come as I get some "committments" from them on one of a kind vehicles, or just plain great old cars!

Hope to see many of you there - we are just outside of Hartford, and draw some cars from NY, RI and MA as well at CT.

More specifics to follow!

Thanks

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
added line (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick bump as we are getting closer to June 12. This is a great show and one of the few remaining judged shows in the CT area; show car fee is $8 and that includes all of your passengers; general admission is $4 and flea market spaces are $20 for one or two for $25. We have held these prices for years, the object is to grow attendance as much as possible, and support several local charities, including one that provides limo rides for sick kids - a great tie in to our hobby.

25-115 Glastonbury Boulevard, Glastonbury, CT

We draw a great cross section of cars including some great Classics, Sports and Exotics and Antiques. One of the better CT shows for prewar cars as well!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Bump - Two Weeks to go. Hope to see you there!! Be sure to stop by the beige '39 Packard and say hi!

Here is a link to some additional show info:

Antique Automobile Club of America - Central Connecticut Region

Thanks, Steve

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Thanks for the reminders, Steve! Too early to say if I will be able to be there (having super-elderly parents who are in and out of hospitals/nursing homes has a way of managing ones priorities--this year more than most).

Do you have any pictures of that Packard of yours, so we can keep our eye out for it?

Sure thing sir - volunteering for "open cockpit hour" at the show where kids can try it on for size. If they exhibit interest, we will give them a copy of the "Antique Automobile"...

NICE!

Around here we are "slightly" partial to beige cars...

70Drive9Apr11GlfrdHrbrSm25.jpg

And hats off to you also Steve for your "open cockpit hour" contribution to getting young folks interested in old cars!

Hope to be able to make it out there to Glastonbury next weekend, if at all possible. How great if the weather was just as nice as it was/is this weekend. We shall keep all fingers & toes crossed...

Thanks and nice VW, Steve - I think I saw it in Guilford last year - another car on the "maybe someday" list!

Hope to see you (And some others from here!!) this Sunday!

That wasn't my car at Guilford last year, Steve, though there was indeed another very beautiful beige '70 VW Convertble there, that was down from Hartford. It's among the VWs shown/listed on my Time Machines 2010 review page of Antique VW participation: COMMON.GEAR: Antique VW Participation at Time Machines 2010, Guilford, CT

Thanks Steve, I was a bit panicked this AM as this is the first time we have decided to postpone, decision is traditionally made around 6:30 AM day of show. Tried a different tact this year as we have had questionable weather 3 years in a row now, and light turnout last year even though Glastonbury stayed dry all day. Today was almost a carbon copy of last year. Had the Packard idling in the driveway when the club prez. called me this AM to postpone. Hope chasing our media, police, porta-potty people and such was worth it. Of the 60 odd folks who called me this AM most thought it made sense, a couple were mad but that is how it goes, I guess.

Hopefully some folks saw this and saved a little aggravation.

Hope to see you all in two weeks, on 6-26!!! (not much else in the way of shows in CT that weekend!)

Thanks, Steve

Guest 1929model75

Well I for one was sorry it cancelled after driving from Pa however we had a wonderful time in Ct on Saturday sorry we wont make it in two weeks will be at the museum in Hershey. Oh well maybe next year. Chris

Hi Chris, I apologize for that - I did see your PM early Sunday AM; I do not think cancelling morning of or making that call morning of is the best route to take, as it allows a lot more time to notify people the night before - but I am one guy on a board...

Not sure what you ended up doing Saturday but again, I apologize for the inconvenience!

Guest 1929model75

Steve no problem we made a nice weekend of it anyway. Hopefullly we will see you next year. Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - Just a quick reminder, the CCR AACA Spring Show is ON for this Sunday. We hope we will be rewarded with a really nice day which is what the current weather predictions are as of today!!

This is one of the few judged (albeit "casual judging" 100 point system- not full blown AACA judging) shows remaining in CT and we try to draw the earlier stuff!!

We hope to see you there - will be at my "Havanna Beige" 39 Packard for at least part of the day allowing kids of all ages to explore the inside. We are handing out copies of the "Antique Automobile" to anyone showing an interest in AACA. Please stop over and say hi!

Thanks

Wow, what a GREAT day today in Glastonbury--AND I got to finally meet Steve MacKinnon ("Steve_Mack_CT" at this forum) *in person*--and his dad Bruce too!

It was a real pleasure, Steve! And I hope that gas issue with your Packard can be oversome w/o too much difficulty--I will look forward to seeing it at a future event.

I did notice your spiffy "Tom LaFerreire" shirt, though, Steve! (Sorry Tom about that spelling--I did my best on short notice!)

Thanks to Steve, Bruce, and all Central CT Region AACA members who worked hard to make it happen--it was TREMENDOUS!

A few photos to follow, once I get 'em downloaded from my camera...

You guys beat me to the punch as I owe you both a big THANKS for contributing to the show.

Stock Steve has supported us before, and I appreciate your coming up from the shore on a busy weekend as well as passing the word downstate!! Was really nice to meet you sir!!

Packard had a stuck float in the carb, an hour's work last night and we are back in business - wish I knew about that Saturday afternoon vs. 6:00 AM Sunday - gotta get there to put out the orange cones...

A.J. - thanks so much for taking the trip down, was great to meet you, your dad and son yesterday. Here is a class act, these guys bring down a Packard Darrin, probably 80 miles one way, to support the show. So I let the cat out of the bag and suggest they may be getting our "Presidents Award/Best of Show" - A.J.'s response - "no way, give it to someone else who will appreciate it" - - how cool is that?!

Marty "Daytona" also brought a beautiful T speedster.

Anyway, thanks gents and anyone else from this forum who supported the show, hope you had a good time and we look forward to doing this again next year!!

Wow, what a GREAT day today in Glastonbury--AND I got to finally meet Steve MacKinnon ("Steve_Mack_CT" at this forum) *in person*--and his dad Bruce too!

It was a real pleasure, Steve!...

Here's one quick photo for now. Left to right, the people in the photo are: Bill Silvestri, who owns the beautiful Anthracite Gray '62 VW Bug Convertible to the left in the shot (with fancy checkerboard rally bra), Steve's father Bruce, and Steve Mack himself (in his spiffy Laferriere shirt)! And that's my well-traveled/well-loved '60 Sunroof Bug to the right.

SO GLAD to hear your Packard is already back in action, Steve!

Again: Great meeting you and your dad, Steve--and thanks again for your and all your fellow AACA Central CT Region folks who worked hard to bring off a SUPERB event!

I'll get a couple more photos going, once I have the time to get em uploaded...

Gby2011BillAndMacks.JPG

Here's one quick photo for now. Left to right, the people in the photo are: Bill Silvestri, who owns the beautiful Anthracite Gray '62 VW Bug Convertible to the left in the shot (with fancy checkerboard rally bra), Steve's father Bruce, and Steve Mack himself (in his spiffy Laferriere shirt)! And that's my well-traveled/well-loved '60 Sunroof Bug to the right.

Nice shirt Steve!

Thanks Tom, BTW I did not take any deposits last weekend!!! :D

Jack, check out our website as we posted some, and I believe Stock Steve has more coming, although I would imagine he had better things to do this weekend than sit on the Comp! Glad you liked the show, and we will see you next year!

...and I believe Stock Steve has more coming, although I would imagine he had better things to do this weekend than sit on the Comp!...

Things like eat hamburgers and drink beer, perhaps?!

I'm making gradual progress toward a web site feature - for my hobby project, "Shoreline Antique Auto Connection" - SAAC - SHORELINE ANTIQUE AUTO CONNECTION - Main Page - and should hopefully have something together soon.

Will certainly check back in here once I have something ready to be viewed. Thanks again guys!

...Will certainly check back in here once I have something ready to be viewed...

Please review the first draft of my Glastonbury 2011 report at:

http://home.comcast.net/~shorelinesteve/GBURY11/Review.html

May do some additional tweaking, and definitely fixing whatever mistakes, typos, etc. (so if you see any, please feel free to let me know--thanks), but these are the basics anyway...

Thanks again Central CT Region AACA for a really fun event--hope to be back next year.

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)