GTO detale questions

Guest Randal

Guest Randal

1st. one. I need to repaint the the pannel between the tail lights on my 1965 GTO, I have two blacks to choise from one is satin black but looks to have a little to much gloss in it. the other is an interior paint that has a 60% gloss mix but looks almost flat to me. but is not flat black as someone painted the piece before I recieved the car.

The 2nd. is the backing on the shift sector read out, It was juct steel behind the P,R.N.D.L ,I had read that is is suposed to be light blue.

Any input will be great.

The is the wifes driver, we want it to look close to stock

Thanks

Randal, The satin black in the sun will fade a bit so I would go with that. On the second question; do you mean under the glass on the PRNDL or the band the shifter pushes back & forth. My 69 under the glass is a dark gray and the shifter slider/cover is flat black-unpainted. Have you tried anyone over at GTOAA ?, as they would know for sure for your year.

Don

Guest Randal

Firstly, Thank you for taking your time helping me out.

The color behind the glass on the shift read out, the band behing the shifter is a blue grey,

69 is a great looking model, that is what the wife wanted but, found a 65 in her color and with the options she wanted

I think I will go with the Satin Black, with a little fade it will look right

Thanks again