Wiper Blades

Guest Jud

I`m looking for wiper blades for my `55 Olds 88. So far, uncessfully. The blades on my car are about in the same condition that I am...old and worn out. The blades on my car now are Tico. A parts house worker that I know checked and told me that they are no longer in stock anywhere. An outfit in California sells the complete wiper, but they are black and I want to use the existing stainless steel wiper, I just need the rubber. Can anyone help?

I had the same problem finding wiper blades for my 1970 Cadillac, and did not want black replacements.

The stores no longer carry replacement inserts, but I was able to order them on-line from Autozone.com . This enabled me to use my existing wiper arm and all original pieces, replacing only the inserts. I bought extra sets, thinking that they also would become unavailable soon.

Bought the blades off of EBay...not cheap by any means, but this is the last (I think) thing I need for my 88. I`d post a picture but don`t know how to do it.

hi jud, i'm glad my tip paid off for you, i know sometimes you've got to pay a little extra for the correct brand of parts. guide vs globrites, trico vs anco, i'm the same way with my 1953 pontiac chieftain custom catalina, it's got to be nos, not nors. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest garysolds

if you ever need wiper blades again try this trico # at your local auto parts store 33-122.these are the silver finish blades listed for 1955 oldsmobile in trico classic car wiper products catalog

if you ever need wiper blades again try this trico # at your local auto parts store 33-122.these are the silver finish blades listed for 1955 oldsmobile in trico classic car wiper products catalog

Thanks for the tip...Jud