Sign in to follow this  
Sam A.

1937 buick floor question

Hello,

My wife has a 1937 Buick Special 4 door that we bought a few years ago and are starting the restoration on. It needs a complete floor and rocker panels. I have bought some pieces but really need some pictures for a reference. An idea's on where I might find some of a bare floor? This is going to be a tough restoration but this car will be sweet when it's done. I can't wait. Thanks for any help.

Sam

Your wife has a '37 Buick.....Cool woman!! Can I get your wife to talk to my wife :) :)

Good luck with the resto.

Danny

Your wife has a '37 Buick.....Cool woman!! Can I get your wife to talk to my wife :) :)

Good luck with the resto.

Danny

Thanks Danny. I must agree she is a pretty cool lady. I've taught her how to weld too so she's really getting her hands on in building her car.

Sam

Here's her baby:

PC260029.jpg

Edited by Sam A.
added picture (see edit history)

Sam A,

i hope you are reading the other threads nearby, specifically the "Where to start" one which references a different year, but with similar problems to yours. Good luck with the car.

John

Good Evening Sam,

When I did my 66C, Dave Tacheny had a coupe floor available. I marked my floor where I needed to have the replacement sectioned, took digital images and sent them to Dave. Dave did the work and sent us appropriate pieces which were as represented. Between the floors and the running boards, I'm sure UPS has posted warnings about what is received at my house.

I have multiple good images of the floor from my Convertible Coupe. They will differ in various respects from the sedan, but it should give you an idea of how the floors are constructed. If you are interested in these, please send me a private email, as we seem to have images problems on the list.

Regards,

Jon Kanas

Jon,

Thanks for the help. Sounds like you have gone down the street that I am on. I would appreciate any pictures that you might have. I really look forward to gaining some ground on her car. She has been patiently waiting for a couple years now.

I will send you my email sir.

Thanks for every ones input.

Sam

Sam,

Jon has some great pictures of his restoration, I've seen them and they're very helpful.

Dave is a great guy and it seems everyone with a '37-38 Buick knows him and he'll treat you right.

If you have the budget you might want to try this place, I've never dealt with them but from the pictures on their web site it looks like they have some pretty nice patch panels:

Kemp's Rod and Restoration, Inc

Thanks for the info guys. I checked out Kemp's site. Looks like he has some nice parts. I put it in my favorites for future reference/use. I am very impressed with this site so far. There seems to be a lot of great information as well as a lot of great members offering to help. I appreciate everyone's help. I just talked to the wife about working on the car and we are taking vacation in a few weeks and staying home with our focus being on our kids first then the Buick. I can't wait to get back at it.

A little update here. We were able to work on the Buick two different days the week before last. We got the 1937 Chevy front rockers in and the front floor pans. We still need to do some finish welding on those pieces. Here's a picture of the wife working on some welding.

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

Where did you get the patch panels? Where the '37 Chevy rockers the same as the original Buicks or did you have to massage them to fit?

Hey Bob I ordered the floor pans from a guy on Ebay. I believe he is located somewhere in Michigan. The overall shape of the rockers was correct however the did not have the curve in them to fit correctly. I relief cut them every two inches and got the radius that we needed.

Yeah, the guy on eBay is Classic2Current just outside of Detroit. I saw his eBay ads and talked to him to find out if his panels were generic or were actually stamped like the originals. Did you get the floor panels from him too? I see from your avatar you're a fabricator, did you fab the floor panels? I didn't buy from C2C because the guy wouldn't send me picture of his actual parts. If they are like the originals I figured I could make my own.

I found you Caprice on YouTube, a little different than a big of '30s Buick.