I need some help..

Guest wlpatterson

Guest wlpatterson

Im trying to mount tires on my 1923 32x4.5 Dodge wheels & There has to be some kind of tool to do it..These are the wooden wheels that stay on the car & the tire on the ring comes off. I can see the rings have to collap to go inside the tire,my problem is what kind of tool do you need to do that? I see 4 holes in the ring so Im sure it takes a special tool..If anyone out there can tell me where to find the tool or show me a picture so Maybe I can fabricate one..I spent about 3 hours trying to mount one the old fashion way & it cant be done..I appreciate any and all help..361-548-3327

Try the rim spreader style...there are usually some on ebay. They actually collapse the rim and spread it. If you were to scroll down to the Dodge and Dodge Brothers forum, there might be a guy there with the exact size rim spreader that you need. Here's a similar one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Model-T-Pacific-Rim-tool-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a641f632aQQitemZ250787881770Q

post-37352-143138483929_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138483933_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Foggy norm

There is one on Ebay for the next 6 days. IItem # 350452092850. Good luck...either way. today is thursday.

Just as a word of caution they do come in different sizes. I would suggest you ask the dimensions with the movable jaw retracted and fully extended. Also do not crank the rim together anymore than needed because if you kink the rim you might damage it beyond repair.