1949 buick wheels question

PONTIAC1953

• 1 month later...
Guest fortyninebuick

Hi, ok, the rivet holes for the 5 clips are on a 9 1/8" dia..... they are actually mounted on the back side and pass thru a slot to protrude on the front side of the wheel. This slot is on a 9 7/8" dia. Hope this helps, I can send more pics or info if you need it

The tire shown in the photograph is a BF Goodrich Silverton. What is the whitewall width? Where were your tires purchased from? I am in the market to purchase new tires for my '49 Super and am still looking for a whitewall of correct width. The larger Roadmaster tires use wider whitewalls.

What is the authentic whitewall width for a '49 Super?

Thanks,

Gary Klecka, BCA #1955

I just replaced a set of those BFG's on my '60 Electra. They had about 9 years and 12,000 miles on them. I thought the mileage was good and 9 years is about right for keeping rubber tires.

The replacements a Firestone, same size, 8.20 X 15. The Firestones are a little taller and the shoulder is more crisply squared. The car rides great.

I bought the Coker tires through Summit Racing and saved about $150. They are a reseller.

As for the white wall width I'm not sure what the '49 would be. Here are mine:

005a.jpg

Guest fortyninebuick

Hi, Mine are size 7.60-15, thats the recommended size. I bought them from Coker tire, they are 3 3/8" wide whitewall. Im not sure what the original WW width was, I am trying to find that info.