Bingo Type Wheel Puller

DocsGal

Can anyone tell me what a 'Bingo Type Wheel Puller' is used for and what years maybe? I have one in a beat up box that just says early Mopar, 3/4"-16th. Have no idea what vehicles it would apply to. It is a K-D brand.

Thanks,

DocsGal

Here is a picture:

Any idea what vehicles or how I know which vehicles it would apply to?

post-58481-143138480481_thumb.jpg

Edited by DocsGal (see edit history)

That's what I was wondering Steve. It is threaded, so I am assuming you thread it on to something but honestly I haven't a clue! Since you guys know what it is do you also know what wheels it is used on? Anything more detailed as far as info on these things? I've seen people asking about wheel pullers but never really understood what they were looking for until I found this in a box of mish-mashed stuff tossed together.

Sharon

You jack up the wheel that you don't want to remove. Obviously??? you use an axle stand and block the front wheels. Unscrew the axle nut on the hub you wish to remove. Screw the wheel "puller" tight on to the axle (not tight to the hub). Take a five pound sledge and hit the end of the puller squarely. The hub jumps loose. As simple as anything can be. Most people have trouble using these or just using the axle nut because they won't hit it hard enough or else they don't under the physics behind raising the opposite wheel from the ground.

What make and year vehicles would this particular puller have been used on? Obviously determined by the threads/size of the axle nut but what vehicles would have used this size puller? Thanks for the explanation for those of us who have never seen one used before!

Sharon

Docs Gal