Drive shaft support question.

Guest riomar000

Guest riomar000

Hello again everybody, this time my question is in regards to the drive shaft support.

First of all, being that it is an AZ car, all the rubber on it is shot and in need of replacement. I've found a couple shaft supports online and they all say 64-70. Do they not put the 63 in there because they hate me or will they actually fit on 63's? Also if anyone knows where to get a replacement other than at like opg, cars inc., or classic buick parts that would be super helpful.

Secondly there were a couple of spacers that came out when i pulled the drive shaft. Would these majorly effect the operation of the car or can i leave them off? Here's a pic to help out. Really a drawing because my camera is being anal. The dimensions are 3 1/4" x 1 1/8" x 1/16"

Untitled.jpg?w=48deaa93

Thanks again,

Mario

Guest riomar000

I'm aware of the transmission change but it seems to reason that the drive shaft center support, situated between the frame where it "X"s, couldn't have changed that drastically. Here's a picture of a brand new one from opg who says it's for 64-70 rivieras.

BR01978-med.jpg