Sold a green '91

Jim

I just sold one of my green '91s. I put it at the end of my driveway and it was there for two days. I had three people call and want to come and look at it. A person showed up at 7:30 Saturday morning and bought the car for the asking price of $ 2300.

I am pretty sure the owners will be painting the body side mouldings yellow as the car went to Wisconsin.

Dave?

Ed,

I would like you to meet Marck he would like to buy your car. Send me the commission check.

Marck,

I would like you to meet Ed, he has a really nice low mileage '91 for sale. Send me the finders fee.

Jim :)

I just sold one of my green '91s. I put it at the end of my driveway and it was there for two days. I had three people call and want to come and look at it. A person showed up at 7:30 Saturday morning and bought the car for the asking price of $ 2300.

I am pretty sure the owners will be painting the body side mouldings yellow as the car went to Wisconsin.

Dave?

Better to do that then paint it purple...

Guest steveskyhawk

No, I'm the one that will have the green convertible Barney. You have to believe it exists to own one. Scrapped 4 cars this month. Sorry no vins. See you in Danvers.

You have to believe it exists to own one.

I believe I am going to win the lottery some day but the chances of me doing so are about the same as finding a factory produced green '91 convertible.:)

Guest steveskyhawk

Yes you will indeed need to be lucky to find one of maybe 5 cars in the country. You will also need to be fast to beat me to it! There may also be a factory two tone.

Why not, they built a turbo 3800 rear wheel drive Reatta, and two FWD turbo's anything is possible.

Because there are legal requirements for manufacturers to keep accurate records?

Steve, if I ever see a green convertible I will let you know. Looking at the VINs, it seems highly unlikely though. Green production started up within a week or so of convertible production being shut down.

Being a 'one of a kind' car isn't that special. According to the Compnine VIN decoder, my beater '90 Regal is 'one of a kind' too. (Probably because of the factory black trim package and rear deck lid wing.) But it probably has a street value of about $1k.

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)

Guest 68vwdubb

Jim,

If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell your 91 for only $2300? The reason I am wondering is because I have been thinking of selling my 91 coupe that I have owned for 7 or 8 years and thought it would be worth quite a bit more than that.... Its either that one or my 19,000 mile convertible. I need the garage space. So I don't know which one to part with.... Thanks again for any input.

The car had 165,000 miles on it but it ran good and looked good. I bought it almost 6 years ago and I drove it some and then sold it to my son. I bought it back from him on a trade and then it just sat here the last year. It did not have the original wheels on it as I put on some aftermarket wheels that I took off a Reatta convertible parts car I bought last year.

I just thought that was a fair price.

If anyone is looking for a set of '91 wheels and caps I have a set available.

Guest jcc3inc

Gentlemen:

I had a '91 gray with 125,00 on it. Advertised it for some time, and had few inquities. It ended up going to a father who got it for his H S son. Price?-$2000!

We often think our favorite car/truck/plane is worth a lot more than reality allows.

Regards,

Jack C.

Gentlemen:

I had a '91 gray with 125,00 on it. Advertised it for some time, and had few inquities. It ended up going to a father who got it for his H S son. Price?-$2000!

We often think our favorite car/truck/plane is worth a lot more than reality allows.

Regards,

Jack C.

May I ask where you advertised it? What did the car need to be in excellent condition?

Just curious..