trippe speed light

Here is the rule regarding Trippe and Pilot Ray driving lights. It can be found at the top of page 21, item 10, in the 2011 Official Judging Guidelines handbook.

10. Trippe and Pilot Ray driving lights are

accepted on classic cars and certain pre-

WWII production vehicles.

Even though there is no evidence that the big "Senior Trippes" were ever standard or factory authorized accessories. I challenge anyone to find a FACTORY photo or brochure showing these lights on a Classic. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Even though there is no evidence that the big "Senior Trippes" were ever standard or factory authorized accessories. I challenge anyone to find a FACTORY photo or brochure showing these lights on a Classic. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

That may well be the case.

But the rule is the rule as set forth by the AACA. As judges we MUST follow the rules that they set down. :)

This I know. I like those big old lights and I know they're "grandfathered" and merit no point deduction but in the interest of authenticity it needs to be pointed out now and then that they are not really representative of "how the car could have left the factory".

And additonally, adding anything only raises the threat of point deduction due to condition. The less that is there that doesn't need to be, as in added accessories, the better chance of getting a high score. :)

who could i contact that may have spare parts for a trippe light? need a crown for one-found it in a yard sell.....i checked goggle----nothing found. are these correct for mid twenty cars??? thanks

The OP did not ask if Tripp lights are OK for judging. He is looking for parts.

How did the post go off in that direction?

Contact Richard Bloomquist at Whiteglove Restorations in LaCross WI.

608-780-8229

The OP did not ask if Tripp lights are OK for judging. .....

Actually he did ask if they are correct at the end of his post. So that is why I posted the rule. :)

"..... are these correct for mid twenty cars??? ....."