Looking to add a 1930's-1961 Convertible to my collection

Younger enthusiast looking to add a realistically priced open car 2 door or 4 door convertible to my collection. I've been looking around and just haven't found anyone that really wants to sell their car. I'm looking in the 15,000-30,000 range. Maybe more if the car is right. Are there any collectors out there that are looking to thin down their collection a bit and want to part with one to a good home. I store my cars in heated storage and use them on nice summer days. I have a very eclectic taste so let me know what you have. Wether it's a Hudson, Packard, Cadillac Lincoln Mercury Pontiac chevy Ford Oldsmobile Buick Hupmobile Auburn:D etc. I'm looking for something in the way of an older restoration or good original car that may need a little work but isn't a wreck sitting in a field. Something between a 4 and a 2. Good mechanical condition a bonus but I can even handle that.

If you have been seriously thinking of selling one of your cars contact me it just might be what I'm looking for. I'm located in Upstate NY. The real upstate that's North of albany not North of NY.

I have an 89 TC Maserati by Chrysler for sale. Less thgan 100,000 mi. Twin cam and a 5 speed. Near perfect condition. $10,000. In Oregon It will drive to NY as I drove it home from Fla when I bought it 5 years ago. I have only driven it about 5000 miles since.

Guest Gman1023

Here's a pretty decent looking 1962 Lincoln convertible, both within your price range and within a relatively reasonable drive. I have no affiliation whatsoever to this car, just came across it in my weekly eBay searches after having read your posts.

Lincoln : Continental - eBay (item 300481009204 end time Mar-13-11 10:39:11 PDT)

Best of luck with your search!

Guest Imperialcoupe36

I have a car for sale that meets your criterion. It is a 1940LaSalle Convertible Sedan, series 52, Body #8, of 75 buillt. Previous owner removed body, clelaned and painted frame, and completed necessary body work. Car is complete with many additional parts ( a 4 X 8 Eric trailer full of LaSalle parts). Missing only the hub caps and upper radiator support rods. Low mileage, rebuilt 322 cubic inch - '40 LaSalle engine, serial #4329425, runs well shifts well, brakes have been rebuilt, yard drives. Build sheet states car was originally black with red wheels. Needs fabric for convertible top and interior upholstery. NYS transferable registration in myname. $20,000. Tel:518-872-1119, email: JPMCARCOLL@AOL.COM

Guest Imperialcoupe36

I have a car meeting all your prerequisites, plus I am 26 miles southwest of Albany, NY. It is a 1940 LaSalle convertible sedan, body #8, of 75 built and the last year for the LaSalle. Previous owner removed body, cleaned, painted frame, and completed necessary body work. Car is complete with many re chromed additional parts, plus a 4 X 8 trailer full of extra '40 LaSalle parts. It is missing: hub caps, upper radiator support rods, fabric for convertible top and upholstry. Low mileage, running, rebuilt 322 cubic inch. "40 LaSalle engine, serial #4329425, runs well, shifts well, brakes have been rebuilt. Build sheet states car was black with red wheels. I have transferable N.Y.S. registration in my name. Price is $20,000. email for photos: JPMCARCOLL@AOL.COM or call 518-872-1119.

I have a car within most of your parameters, please let me know if it might be of interest and I can provide you pictures:

1954 Olds 98 Starfire convertible. A true unmolested and original car with 31,000 original miles. Original white top (works), two-tone green leather (original), two-tone exterior white/bronze, 100% complete. Runs/drives/starts/stops. Power windows, top, seat, etc. A true survivor. All chrome is very presentable and no rust. Solid floors, rockers, trunk. Please advise, arvenica@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking. The price hasn't been right or they just need too much work. A driveable car or near drivable would be great. I can iron out cosmetics as I drive it but Having to do all the mechanics over means it won't see the road this summer and I'll spend the whole summer in the garage trying to get it ready. Been there too many times.

Surely there are a few more out there that haven't been run by me.

Guest speed and custom

1961 olds 88 vert with performance 394 skyrocket....+ adds 17500...much new ,,,,speed and custom

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would bring this to the top. The garage bay is still empty and the weather is getting better so It's time to step up the Convertible search. Nothing really fit the bill yet. What do you all have olut there that you are thinking of parting with???

Guest misako

Mine is not a convertible, but it is a mighty Packard. It is a 1937 Super 8, the senior model, not one of the lower priced Packards. It is a model 1500 touring sedan and has the desirable electric overdrive for ease of touring. Price is $21k and I can send pictures if you are interested and car is garaged, of course, here in California.

Regards,

• 2 months later...