39 Buick trans

Guest batescars

Guest batescars

I am looking for a 2nd gear and a synonizer for a 39 buick 41 series trans. I would like to have new if possible. My trans jumps out of 2nd gear and I would like to have the parts to fix it when I take it out. Thanks in advance for any information regarding these parts.

Paul

Check out ebay. There are regularly N.O.S parts on there .

Best to do it once and right the first time if possible.

Second hand cheapy parts can't often be just buying someone else's problems.

It's just a matter of what you want to pay for them.

Danny

Guest batescars

Thanks danhar1960 I have looked at the e-bay site and will order part tomorrow. I would like to find the synro. also. I will send them a e-mail and see if they have one.

Thanks for your reply

Could be jumping of out gear for several reasons: that small detent spring in the transmission, rubber isolation mounts after the transmission, soft engine mounts, poor connection-wear of the cable/rods to the transmission.

1939 series 40 transmission have a lot of 1939 only parts. Know to be weak. Many year ago an old used car saleman in New Zealand told he scrapped many 39's due to damage transmission.

New 1939 series 40 syncro are very hard to get: close to impossible

Cost of parts for 1939 transmission have increased a lot in the last 5 years. I buy 39 transmission parts if I see than for sale as reasonable price. You can never have eough spare parts for a 1939 series 40 transmission.

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest batescars

Thanks guys for the replys I have found a new second gear on e-bay. Gear was made in USA also the guy had a synonizer so I am good now just need to get it out and fix it.

Paul

test

Guest mopar 69

hello, I have a tranny form a 34 series 47, dont know if its the same or not, missing shifter and cover, unknown condition, free if you pick up