1913 Chevrolet

jcuffe79

To all:

I have been doing some research on the 1913 Chevrolet Model C and I know that there are a few examples floating around. I have heard that the oldest is at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada. Just out of curiousity sake, what would a car like that be worth on the open market in its present unrestored state?

I have seen the unrestored 1911 Oldsmobile that recently sold in Hershey for $1.65 million. Just wondering if the unrestored 1913 Chev in Canada would do the same.

Thanks,

Justin

No, it would not do the same.

The Oldsmobile Limited that sold had everything going for it to bring big bucks. High horsepower, top of the line car when built, from a well known collecting family, in unrestored but good enough condition to keep unrestored.

The early Chevrolet just is not in the same league, as rare as it may be. I don't know early Chevy values so won't venture a specific dollar figure.......but probably wouldn't bring 5% of what the Limited did...

Guest De Soto Frank

Probably depends a lot on the condition of the car in question.

If it is the first generation Chevrolet six-cylinder car, complete and either operable or at least rolling & engine turning over, it could easily be a five-figure car.

As David pointed-out, the Olds Limited is a very special vehicle, legendary almost to the point of being some mythic beast... it is in the same league as a J /SJ Duesenberg in terms of collector value.

And while the original large Chevrolet "Classic" six is a very significant car, I'd be surprised to see one bring more than $100,000, if that.

Guest browniepetersen

The price that the car would sell for only is limited by does some one want it and do they have enough money to convince the person selling that they should let it go. There are a number of Chevrolet collectors who could purchase the car if it were up of sale. No way to know if there would be two bidders willing to spend big bucks to get it.... Would love to see it go on the market and see if there is anyone who would want it....

I think this is a little like asking if JLow would go out with me....... Never going to happen..