'91 Polo on NY Craigslist

NCReatta

Guest blue72beetle

I think it just adds to the uniqueness that is the Buick Reatta. Can you imagine how sad it'd be if we knew where every single Reatta was, what color and what options they all had? We're all passionate about these cars (and in the end, they're just cars), but not knowing adds some fun mystery.

Guest steveskyhawk

There is no obsession whatsoever about 91 Polo Green Convertibles. As Andy implies "variety is the spice of life." According to your own analysis there was "a week or so" that these cars could have been produced. A week is certainly long enough to build 4 green convertibles.

I agree whole heartedly with Padgett's "body in white" premise. It didn't mean a car painted white. It was simply a manufacturing term for a vehicle that the attributes had yet to be established, recorded or non standard.

I find it puzzling that you recall what you were doing in 1991 in great detail but you discount the recollections of retired GM employees when they recall the highlights of their career. Also I can assure you that neither Mike or I "badgered" anyone. On the contrary our conversations with these first hand participants of Reatta history were quite pleasant and respectful. Unfortunately Mike and I wont be sharing any more information of this nature on this forum. Anybody that wants the rest of the story can feel free to call me directly. My phone number is in my signature.

In conclusion, I agree that weather or not we actually locate these cars is irreverent to most of us including myself. It will be a devastating however to someone that has denied their existence and has created a tainted, unverified database to assert his own agenda.

Well, I don't recall what I was doing in great detail in 1991. No photographic memory here.

But I do enjoy stories from the old-timers as much as anyone, maybe more so than I should. However memories vary and fade, so a lot of them need to be taken with a grain of salt. It is always interesting to hear different accounts of the same event. They vary a lot. Just ask any judge, lawyer, or jury member.

As I noted, I own a car that compnine lists incorrectly. Do I demand they take their site down? Nah. Do I really care? Nah. Do I refer folks to it? Sure. Its usefulness far outweighs any issues.