47 lincoln cabriolet

old car fan

Does anyone know the actual length of the throttle rods coming from the shaft to acc petal,and carb.Ours had a shaft and mount from ,i assume a zepher.Now we have the correct rod and mounts,and our old rods have been welded.Or doe s any one have the right pair?Are both straight?

According to the parts book the rod from the pedal is 12-53/64" long for the Continental. The rod for the Zephyr is 11-5/8" long. Sorry don't have dimension for the carburetor rod but the parts call-out shows it to be the same for both the Continental and Zephyr.

The rod that goes to the carburetor has a couple of bends in it to make up for the "offset" due to the location of the fresh air inlet and it measures about 12" long on both my '46 and '48 Zephyrs.

Edited by peecher (see edit history)

Guest raywilks

i have just thurs mailed the bell crank with throttle rods attached to dennis long[he is on this forum]. i do not remember the bends peecher is refering to as being on the carb rod. the accel rod is a two piece adjustable on the stuff i mailed dennis. i only sent him the front half of that part since rthe other part was rusted tight to the accel pedal. all this came off my 46 continental parts car. you may want to contact dennis for pictures and/or confirmations. thanks, ray.