42 yrs in the barn

Guest oldbill

Guest oldbill

I just pulled the 1956 ford F350 of my dads out of the barn after 42 years in hiding. The rats had filled the cab with straw and cotton from old furniture all the way to the windows. 9' pickup bed, 232 ci. 6cyl engine, 17" single rear wheels and stock racks for hauling cattle to the stock yards. All 4 tires were flat. 3 tires took air! the fourth tire was split down the side and even though the tube held air the side wall would not contain the tube. That wheel had sunk into the dirt and had rusted so bad that the rim will have to be replaced just to make a roller out of it. Restoration plans are pending!:rolleyes:post-71195-143138470156_thumb.jpg

post-71195-143138470159_thumb.jpg

post-71195-14313847016_thumb.jpg

Guest oldbill

Removed the cattle racks and got the tire repaired (again) yesterday. Need to look for the replacement panels for the lower rear of the cab. My neighbor tells me the engine is a 223 not 232. He should know, he was in the auto parts business for 40+ years.. Also removed more of the pack rats nests from the cab. One wheel is frozen. Will have to get the brake drum off and free it up. Kind of hard to push this beast around with a wheel locked up. I was going to take more photos but the battery in the camera is pooped!

Guest Dave Boyer

Awesome! That's the kinda find some people only dream of. Nothing like the smell of a barn fresh car (or truck)

Guest oldbill

To tell the truth, when we got the barn door open the smell was terrible! There were several dead animals inside. We had to cut down two trees that had grown up in front of the doors and it took three of us to get the door to swing open. . A real adventure.