Want to Buy-dupont No. 7

Guest Irv D

Anyone know where you can get Dupont No. 7 car cleaner/polish?? This was widely available thru the 50's, 60's and maybe later. It was an excellent product - none will compare with it today ! Came in a rectangular, green can with red/white lettering: DUPONT No. 7

Guest Irv D

Thanks for your response - but need more information. Need to know what the lable looks like (name, lable color??) something, so I know what to look for. I presume you live near Hershey PA - so, if they have it there - they most likely will have it here (upstate NY - near Saratoga/Lake George area). Would really like to get some - look forward to knowing more about what to look for.

Thanks.....Irv

Guest prs519

Up to about a year ago I was buying Dupont #7 rubbing compound at a grocery store on the reservation. I think AG stores once carried. I have not been able to find it since then, and like you, I regard it very highly! 3M makes one like it but about 10 times more money. No counter sales items compare to it, and the other day, I tried Walmart to no avail. I am trying some Meguiar's microfiber, which seems to have good cut, but for a lot more money. Any one know where one can ORDER #7 Dupont?

Guest Irv D

I can find Dupont # 7 rubbing compound in round can, sort of a paste form (still in green can w/ red & white labeling). The product I have been looking for is the Dupont No. 7 car cleaner & polish, which is in liquid form. I called Dupont Co. & they said they sold the line to some other company (can't recall the name) - called that co. & they said they only wholesale items to other middlemen, who then sell to retailers. But, the hitch is.....if it still exists, it may be packaged/sold under a different name & label. Guess I will have to start back with Dupont & see if I can get an update from them. Will let you know how I make out. thanks for your interest & feedback. Irv

Guest Irv D

Will do - I think I am going to contact Dupont Co. and let them know that there is a definite demand for this product among classic/antique car owners. Maybe they will think twice about doing away with real good products. appreciate your response.

• 2 years later...
Guest 86 Town Car Man
Anyone know where you can get Dupont No. 7 car cleaner/polish?? This was widely available thru the 50's, 60's and maybe later. It was an excellent product - none will compare with it today ! Came in a rectangular, green can with red/white lettering: DUPONT No. 7

I live in Pennsylvania and I found the No 7 Polish, polishing compound and rubbing compound at Redner's Warehouse Market. It's not made by DuPont anymore but it's the same stuff

Guest Irv D

Thanks very much for your reply to my post. I looked up Redner's Warehouse Market on the internet - seems they are located in Reading PA. I will give them a call tommorrow to see if they have it and can ship to me. The only thing I saw on their website was groceries. I am not familiar with the store.

Couldn't help but notice your handle (86 Town Car Man) - I have a 1976 ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Lincoln Continental with 40K miles (actually 40016) on it for sale. Know anyone who might be interested?? I am downsizing my collection. Just sold a 56 Chevy Bel Air in April.

If you want to e-mail me: deelin@roadrunner.com

Thanks..........Irv D

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your response. I finally found it locally at Car Quest Auto Parts store. So, to all those who responded to my request, thanks. I can not over-emphasize just how great a product the No. 7 polish/cleaner is. I am so glad to have it once again. Even though it is no longer made by DuPont (the DuPont has been dropped from the labeling on the can), it seems to be pretty much the same as it was back in the 50's and 60's when DuPont made it.

To anyone who may want to get this product: It is made by Cyclo Industries LLC in Jupiter FL. (www.cyclo.com) with a stock number of 01110. It is in a red, white and green plastic bottle type (elongated oval shape). It has a red No 7 at the top, and AUTO POLISH and CLEANER in the green area below the No 7. The bottle contains 14 Fluid OZ