Problem notice 88 Reatta

Guest Earl Filippelli

Guest Earl Filippelli

Hello All, My 88 Reatta dash display sometimes notifies me ELECTRICAL PROBLEM DETECTED, after a few seconds it goes back to normal .This has happened for some time now but not often.The car runs fine .Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help. Earl.

Guest Double M

I have a 1990 Reatta. So the light may be different. I solved my "Electrical Problem" & Service Engine Soon" warning light being lit easily.

After my mechaninc found that it was a only code for the MAS Sensor and the Cam Position Sensor - both work fine, the sensors, however are bad. His advice was to ignore it or spend more money. If both those things were actually bad, my car would be running pretty bad...

Never mind the brilliantly vauge "Electrical Problem Detected" light. A lot of the electrical features dont work anyway on my car, Trunk, Fuel Door, Sunroof, missing Headlight switch... all of which are Electrical Problems that I do not need a light to inform me of... Problems that I do not have the time or money to even begin fixing, BTW. Maybe someday...

Not having a bottomless pocket to start replacing faulty sensors for the sake of replacing them... sensors that I would rather just remove if possible, I was still annoyed at having these lights on all the time on my dash.

The simple solution? Cover over the lights in the dash with black tape.

Problem solved. Car runs great. 26 MPG, 60+ miles a day.