What year Hudson

Guest noncompos

What, two days and no takers??...well, fools rush in...

I can only find one of my Hudson books (Conde's), and I'd guess 21-23 is too early by several years: those were more spindly-looking and had smaller tires on larger diam wheels...whoever owned it had to be fairly well off (or doing well in the run-up of the market!!) to have it...

It's obviously one of the big ones (seven pass phaeton?), and since I can't find those headlights in any of Conde's pix I'd guess one of the custom bodies by B&S...except I don't see their usual rear-mounted rear door handle...

I'd guess 26-28 or so; didn't think to check the HET club forum to see if you had an answer there...

Guest Series19

There are added details to this car and he is standing right in front of the front door, but with the looks that I see, I would think that this is probably a 1920 model. Could be from 1919-1921 but they all looked quite similar at that time.

• 2 months later...
Guest darkheart 36 hudson

from the books that i have in my shop it looks to be closer to a 1914, and the reason y is because through 22-26 the headlights were flat on the back side and the hood ornament in 28 is completly different but in the picture of the 1914 hudson that i have in "the third edition standard catalogof american cars from 1805-1942 page 726 top left is a model 46 touring, wrg that has the same piece at the rear of the car just like the one in the picture above. spare is in about the same place and the fenders up front are the same as far as placement.

also note that in the back window of the convertable top the windows are seperated, unlike most others in years after

It definitly is not a 1914, it has none of the features that my '14 has. The car in photo has door handles,A single spare tire, a one man top,a swing out visor/windshield. And the tires look to be a later balloon style type. If I were to guess my thoughts would be late teens/early twentys. Just my 2 cents worth and I sometimes wonder about the value of 2 cents! ---Bob Also has the Westinghouse shocks, but probably owner added.

Edited by Seldenguy
More info (see edit history)

some ones 2 cents is worth a lot, i look at it as constructive point of views lol but they do look a lot alike from 1914 to about 1921 or so but like i said in the books that i have it was the one that loked the closest....have you tryed looking for an id number on the frame? maybe that might help you determine the year....