1926-7? Chevrolet parts for sale

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I have the following parts for sale from a 2 door sedan, not sure of the year:

front bumper, left rear bumper, front & rear fenders, front seat frames (folding backrest type), cowl with serial number plate and cowl light buckets (no lenses), running boards, door skins. I can email pics.

vanpeltrk@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Rod van Pelt

Nebraska

308-631-3497 cell

Guest danceswithpumps

Here is the header that went inside the cab above the windshield that states the job number which matches the number tag on firewall.

20110306104032.jpg

20110306091929.jpg

20110306104106.jpg

20110306104048.jpg

Running boards are sound and pretty straight.

20110306095642.jpg

piece above dash?

20110306094802.jpg

Trim on fender next to hood sides.

20110306093930.jpg

Left? or Right? rear bumper.

20110306092219.jpg

"The Fisher Body Co.

Detroit, Mich.

Correspondence pertaining to the

body must bear these numbers.

Job No. 8170

Body No. 5 531"

Edited by danceswithpumps
adding words on tag (see edit history)

Guest danceswithpumps

What do you think they are? I took all of these parts from the same chassis. I thought it was from a chevy. The small cowl lights made me think it was a chevy.

Rod

What do you think they are? I took all of these parts from the same chassis. I thought it was from a chevy. The small cowl lights made me think it was a chevy.

Rod

Sorry, I was thinking that 1925 and 1926 had the reveal (raised design) type fenders...not the 1927. They could definitely be 1927 Chevrolet.

Guest danceswithpumps

Maybe Body S no. 531 means something as far as the date of manufacture goes to somebody?

You might post this at http://vcca.org/forum, the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. Somebody there could probably decipher the ID tag -- I can't.

Based on a 1927 Chevy I used to have we can rule out 1927 and earlier. The 1927 and earlier 2-doors had a square top, not the curved top. The dash is not 1927, I don't know what a 1928 dashboard looks like.

I believe most parts came from a 1928 Chevrolet. The doors are definitely 1928, (taller windows in 1927). The cowl, quarter panels and fenders could be 1928 as could the running boards and splash panels. Bumpers back then were not standard and were usually after-market items so you can't tell anything about them. The gas tank doesn't look right to me but I could be mistaken.

Don

Edited by DLynskey
Correct the link (see edit history)

Guest danceswithpumps

Don,

Thanks for all the interesting info on my parts.

I believe the tag reads:

"The Fisher Body Co.

Detroit, Mich.

Correspondence pertaining to the

body must bear these numbers.

Job No. 8170

Body No. 5 531"

Sorry about the quality of pics as they are from my phone. I can get better pics with a camera if needed.

Thanks,

Rod

Guest danceswithpumps

Well, I got on to the forum web site by using google , tried to register with 4 different usernames with no luck. They were in use. I then tried to login, thinking maybe I had registered a long time ago and had forgoten. No luck there either.

Rod

I don't think you need to registyer there to read but you would to post. If you are still having trouble tomorrow send me a PM here and I will contact the forum Gods there so they can help you

• 4 months later...
Guest danceswithpumps

Side window frames and rear window assembly have been sold. Thank you, Robert. They should get to you by Wednesday of next week.

Rod:)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest danceswithpumps

Thanks for the info, Bill.:)

The passenger side hinges, window regulators and rear bumper are sold, pending payment.

Thanks, :)

Rod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest donhotrod

just thought you might like to know I am quite certain that the car is a 1928 by the dash and the back window, just wondered if you still have the front bumper ?

Guest danceswithpumps
just thought you might like to know I am quite certain that the car is a 1928 by the dash and the back window, just wondered if you still have the front bumper ?

Thanks, Don. Yes I still have the front bumper.

Rod

308-631-3497

• 2 months later...
Guest danceswithpumps
What are you asking for the running boards and brackets?

$50 for the left or driver's side plus shipping. Right side running board is SOLD.

Thanks,

Rod

• 2 weeks later...