Wanted to buy: 65 black rear seat belts

cjp69

I've always been impressed with the belts and service from these folks. They also have a nice reinforcement that goes on the under side of the body for the bolts.

Lift Lever Seat Belt

I tried linking you to the page with the same style belts that my '63 has. They're the lift-lever style. If your car doesn't have this style, you can probably find it.

If you search the archives on this forum, you'll find a copy of the page that shows the proper hole placement for 1st generation seats belts for the rear seat.

Ed

Thanks Guys, I will have to look at mine when I get home, it seems they had something on the front buckles. Either the Buick coat of arms, or a tri-shield or something.

I purchased a set of Wesco's for my 61, but I haven't put them in yet, but they look nice.

Hi Chris,

Judging by the nice original condition of your Riv I am guessing you want to replicate what Buick would have installed? You should already have the chrome custom (Fisher carriage) front belt buckles with retractors. Believe it or not, it is my understanding that when the rear seat belt option was ordered Buick installed the deluxe belt version in the rear which had a black plastic buckle.

Tom Mooney

Hi Chris,

Judging by the nice original condition of your Riv I am guessing you want to replicate what Buick would have installed? You should already have the chrome custom (Fisher carriage) front belt buckles with retractors. Believe it or not, it is my understanding that when the rear seat belt option was ordered Buick installed the deluxe belt version in the rear which had a black plastic buckle.

Tom Mooney

Thanks Tom. Yes I would prefer original, but if it was black plastic I would be better off with a chrome set from Wesco! Anybody have a picture of an original one they can post?

Thanks,Chris

Hi Chris,

Tom Mooney

That has been my experience with the Wildcats - fronts may be the nice chrome ones, backs would be the plastic standard style. Ahh, the stone age of passenger restraint!

Sleeper (for lack of a name)

The aircraft style belt w/o retractors were OE on my '63. I don't recall the year of your car but yours could be OE as well.

Ed

Mine is a '64, I'd have to check the sequence number to see how early it is but I'm pretty sure they have aftermarket tags on them not GM.