Can someone identify this car?

Guest comptec59

I wouldn't mind having one of those....nice looking car! I could imagine Siegfried Farnon( played by Robert Hardy ) (Donald Sinclair- the real Seigfried) driving one of those around the Yorkshire Dales on his rounds. He drives a P4 in the later part of the series-

All Creatures Great and Small

Don

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

It's a P5B Coupe with the lower rear roof height..very desirable! The other car is a P6...I think a 2000TC with the twin carbs. Looks like a US market one....

• 5 months later...
Guest northpacific

Rover P5B Coupe, and that's a pohutukawa tree in the background, so that picture was taken in New Zealand, graffiti would suggest Auckland, Eastern Suburbs...

NP

Edited by northpacific (see edit history)

Guest northpacific

Yes, indeed! Rover called it the Coupe because the roofline of this body was lower than the roofline on their "regular" P5/P5B ( also four-door ) sedan There is a large "Coupe" script badge on the trunklid on these

"Coupe" in French means "Cut"

The Rover Coupes sell for quite a bit more than their equivalent sedans ( pictured )

1966_Rover_3_litre_For_Sale_Rear.jpg

Both body styles were available as 3 liter 6-cylinder, or 3500cc ( Buick ) V8, which put the "B" in P5B The car pictured is the 3-liter Sedan, it doesn't have the V-8's Rostyle wheels or the "3.5 liter" script badge on each front fender

NP

Edited by northpacific
sp*llng (see edit history)

Guest bkazmer

the idea of calling a sedan a coupe is still around - marketing BS, but I understand your point.

Abe Lincoln said "how many legs does a horse have if you call the tail a leg? Still 4, calling it one doesn't make it so."

see also "roadsters" and "phaetons"with side windows, etc