Sign in to follow this  

What did you do to your classic today?

A few days ago when it was warm I drove the 37 to check out the new gears and adjusted the valves but since it got cold again I stayed in the house.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Saturday was a nice day, so we drove the 27 and 33 Franklins abit just to change the air in the cooling system!

Today's my birthday so I drove my 68 Porsche to the bank.

Happy birthday!

Saturday was a nice day, so we drove the 27 and 33 Franklins abit just to change the air in the cooling system!

You mean those Franklins still do not have the original air in the cooling system. :eek:...:rolleyes:.....:D. Dandy Dave!

Rolled the car to the middle of the garage, did some welding, then I sat in it and pretended to drive. Sounds a bit pathetic, but that's what you have to do in the Midwest in February :-).

I leave my 72 Olds Cutlass "S" in the garage all winter! I go out, uncover it and start it up at least once a month. I let it run for about 1/2 hour We have had snow on the ground for the past month and a half, with more to come! It's just as well that I keep it there! Since it snowed, we've been using the wife's car to get around, leaving my 89 Caprice Classic in the garage beside the Cutlass. It never fails though! I had Jury Duty the same day she had a doctor's appointment, so I had to take the Caprice out and guess what! I was driving down the expressway and the truck in front of me throws up a stone and chips the paint on the rear door in two spots! I never even park it remotely close to other cars, fearing I might get a door ding, and now this! At least it wasn't dented! With my luck, if I took the Cutlass out, I'd be creamed by a snowplow before I got out of the driveway!

Last night I finished up the top on my 54 convertible. Painted the header, all the bows, remounted the fabric, and put on all new weather-seals. Now when I do get around to restoring the car, the top will be done.

Today was a good day, moved the 74 dart under cover, got the CM Hall Headlights working after modifying a set of wiring connectors from a different style of CM Hall lights for the 27 Marmon Model L Collapsible coupe, repaired the mascot and drove the 27 Marmon Model l Hardtop Coupe, finished reinforcing the cedar box that will serve as carrying case for our 1921 Marmon Model 34 1/4 scale factory miniature and finished rebuilding three, yes three Stewart Warner vacuum fuel tanks. Plus sweeping, destroying the contents of several of pottstown PAs finest Black and Tan and lined up work for Saturday. A great day in the shop!!

Well today was take the diff apart day. What was found inside the diff wasn't good. Let me put it this way, anyone have a good pumpkin for a `65 1 ton laying around?

I took a box off the top of my Studebaker Hawk and used it to mail a chain saw to Kansas. The car needs a new water pump and has not moved in 2 years...

Friends are visiting from the Rochester, NY area -- after specing out the route for our upcoming "Garage Tour" progressive meal (a 150 mile gastronomic experience of Cajun Country)---

we took the 1930 Packard out west on US 90 for a superb Italian dinner at a restaurant that is only 16 years younger than the Packard.

Temps were in the high 70s under clear skies -- what more can you ask for?

post-54863-143138464808_thumb.jpg

Guest pitt64

I finished my exhaust system on my 64 Bonneville friday, after letting the pipe sealer dry all night, I got to fire it up saturday. I'm very happy with the end result...

I used Porter mufflers.

YouTube - Porter Mufflers 64 Pontiac

Finally, two days ago the cover came off of Woodstock. :)

Then Bill came in and asked me if I could help him put it back on. The high winds we had broke the cord that was holding it on. :eek:

:D

I rolled my '70 Bug outside for a little while on Saturday, while I did a hatch strut replacement on my '96 Passat wagon. Sure was nice to see the car in the sun and hear the engine run.

Yes, that's still snow in the background too. But it's on it's way OUT!

70BugOutsd26Feb11R.JPG

When I rolled it back inside, it went in nose-first, so that I could start attacking the driver's side wheelwells for undercoat scraping, and then rust-coating the pan & reinforcement rail (similar to how I completed on the passenger's side). Eventually got front wheelwell almost done and plan to move onto rear one today.

Happy Sunday and rest of your weekend everyone!

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

I spent yesterday piddling with the 1927 E-75 Speedster, got her running for the first time in eight months - ran like a champ!!, took the 61 Caddy for a trip to the beer store, closed up the previously mentioned headlight project for the 27 Marmon Model Ls and..... Wait for it.....

Field tested (drove) with the Marmon running solely on the Stewart Warner Vacuum Fuel Tank. SUCCESS!!!! All seems well and good plus no more occasional gas spitting from the Schebler at shut off ( right on top of the exhaust pipe - gas turns into a scary white vapor when it hits the pipe). and double checked pressure in 37 tires, one was a little low. Another great day!!! I love this faux Spring we're having - I'm afraid it won't last but while it does, YaaHoo!

Pretty day in Winchester Va., in the 60's, for the first time in 4 or 5 years have the Cord running, took it for a spin around the patch (oh, we're talking cars, a drive around the neighborhood!).

Electropneumatic shifting, getting reverse, 1st , 2nd, 3rd great, 4th gear is not obeying quite yet.....but glad to have it on the road again....

Now to work on a few more things, and see if I can figure out how to get it to the ACD meet in Auburn this year for certification....

post-31482-143138464949_thumb.jpg

I took my Cadillac out for another, longer drive yesterday and confirmed what I had suspected, the clutch is slipping. I'm not real happy with my "Classics" right now.

Don, sorry to hear about your clutch.

I turn 60 this year, and I'm slipping too.

Good thing is, you can fix your clutch...........

It's always something for sure......

Rear brake line replacement.

100_1257.jpg

Wow, that's a gorgeous Skylark! Noticed you are Nutmeg State also (& similar snowpiles in the background of the picture!)--will look forward to seeing your car in person some time this coming season...

Not quite a classic yet but putting new front sheetmetal on my 89 crown vic after it got hit a couple months ago,its probably never going to be restored as I found out its a little more rusty then I thought so its going to get patched back togather and be a winter beater untill it falls apart.

I looked at mine again this morning when I got the snowblower out, same as yesterday, and now we are under winter storm warnings for tomorrow. So guess I'll be blowing snow three days in a row.

I went out to the garage, got in my Model A Ford, started it up and pulled it out of the garage. It was about 72 degrees here today so I drove it a few miles. I stopped by our local non-ethanol gasoline distributor and filled it up. It was a fun little drive.