Where to buy parts?

Guest Jcdobes

Guest Jcdobes

I'm finally starting on my 1939 Chey business coupe. I bought the car from my great aunt when I was 18.... I'm now 60... where does the time go ??

I was going to sell but chickened out. The car has 34,000 original miles. Running gear needs maint but should be solid. Uph is original and looks it's age. She had the car painted tan, I think it was originally green. My intent is to leave it original... (not a rod).... new paint and uph . A good looking 39, not a concours winner.

I'm starting w/ the brakes and motor mounts. I've been searching the web for parts suppliers and am having mixed results... which means I'm not even finding wheel cylinders.... I know their out there somewhere.

Any suggestions on good "web" sources?

Thanks

John

Welcome to the AACA forums,John, I know you'll like it here. It's great to hear about somebody embarking on returning an old car to the road after so many years of slumber,especially when it's going back original and there is a family history. After a while you should consider joining AACA and a region close by to get the most support. Come back often.

Guest martylum

John-I'm doing an extensive mechanical and cosmetic restoration on a 35 Chevy-I&I Reproductions and the Filling Station have been sources of parts for me. Hampton Coach should have upholstery materials if you need.

Martin Lum