1956 Safari Wagon 2 Door ( Pontiac )

NEW1966

The short answer is: The Safari is the Pontiac version of the Chevrolet Nomad of that year. There are relatively few parts that interchange between the two makes. I believe doors, tailgate, liftgate, glass and roof are the only interchangeable items.<P> Please specify your particular area of interest. That'll keep me from rambling on about things you dont care about.<P> Tom<p>[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Deering ]

Tom, there isn't anything you have to say that I do not care about.<P>How about 3 Vent or Wing windows (complete)?<BR>Under the seat complete heater & bezel?<BR>Quarter Panel Lower Wide Mldgs?<BR>Vacumn Air Tank for Brake System?<BR>for starters. Greg....NEW1966<P>Value? Considering good shape. Not excellent,<BR>not junk. Just Good.

Greg,<P> With the possible exception of the wing vents, you seem to have some unique parts. That is both good news and bad news. A combination of low production (~4000 Safaris), modest survival rate, and a relatively small collector base translates into a comparitively small audience for your parts. The interested persons would probably be very pleased to find your collection. Don't know what to recommend as the most effective way of converting the parts into cash. Different personalities among sellers seem to dictate their preferred method of marketing parts.<P> Tom