Stowe, VT. Meet Hotel Alternatives?

charlier

Was wondering if others here have found other hotel accomodations other than the host hotel?

As of today, the host hotel only has rooms left that are just about $200/night with tax (one bed suites).

That rate, plus requiring payment at time of booking and the 14 day cancel policy has me rethinking a stay at the host hotel.

If anyone else has found alternatives to the host hotel feel free to PM me or post them here.

Guest Amilcar1926

Try Stowe Country Rentals. Lots of condos at Notch Brook, just a mile from the mountain on Mountain Road (RT 108) as well as other properties around town. Paul

Guest 37StudeDude

Try the Golden Eagle Resort, Mountain Rd., Stowe, VT. It's on the road up to the show. Good breakfast on site, indoor pool, exercise room, spa services. Best yet...room enough for your trailer to park (free). :D I've stayed here often for the August car show. Good access to everything in Stowe, walking distance to downtown.

Guest Wayne_Koffel

Try the Best Western in Waterbury. It is just off Interstate 89 on Route 100 into Stowe. About 8 miles to Stowe. We have stayed there in the past and found the rooms decent. It is a large motel.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I visited this thread. I found a Bed & Breakfast about 4 miles from the host hotel that has free breakfast, free wifi and other amenities. No room for trailer parking but that is what the parking at the show is for. Best of all the room is about $90/night.

FYI, the name of the place is The Arbor Inn

Don't know if they have any rooms available for the meet but their web site might answer that question.

I agree. The long range weather forecast does not look promising. :(

Then again, I have found that most weather forecasts more than 1-2 days ahead of time are much less accurate and are not to be believed.

We can only hope that the current forecast for Stowe, VT. is one such (inaccurate) forecast. Time will tell I suppose.

Should it actually rain, at least the trailer parking and show fields are on blacktop.

That means no mud for show car owners or judges to have to deal with. :D

ted,

Sorry to hear you will not be making the trip to Stowe.

The weather forecasters were 100% incorrect with their Thursday forecast.

I traveled from my sister's house near Albany to Stowe under mostly cloudy skies.

The closer I got to Stowe the more white clouds and sun I saw.

The slopes across from the Lodge still have snow on them in certain places.

They must have made a heck of a lot of snow this past winter for some snow to still be hanging around.

Looks like it did drizzle here in Stowe overnight Thursday night.

I pulled out of Stowe on Sunday morning between 6-6:30am under cloudy skies. The trip to my sister's place near Albany, NY. was under partly sunny skies with not a drop of rain. Mother Nature has one more shot at me tomorrow when I do the final leg of my trip home to Eastern Pennsylvania.