parking brack/rear discs

Guest rls65rls

Guest rls65rls

hi out there, I switched to 4 wheel disc brakes, and i'm wondering if anyone has done the same,and if so,how did you attach the parking brakes to the rear wheel discs.I have new cables from cars parts store. they have the original cable hook up to the original drums with the bracket that attaches to the rear of the drum. would they work if I removed the braket. the cable end does fit the new disc just nowhere to install the braket. any help! thanks Randy. this is for a 65 riv.

Edited by rls65rls
forgot to add year of car. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Randy,

I'm taking for granted that you have a parking brake actuator lever built into the rear brake calipers? If that is the case,then you are likely looking for a bracket to mount the cable housing to the caliper itself. If you used an OEM style caliper, there should have been a parking brake cable mounting bracket on it originally. If they are an aftermarket caliper like a Baer, the company may sell a bracket to mount the cable. Also, depending on your skills, available tools and experience you could make a workable bracket from some 1/4 steel plate.

HTH,

Tim