Sign in to follow this  
Monty4Square

Running board step plates help

I'm trying to identify the car in this old family photo and I thought the running board step plates might help. So far I haven't been able to find any like them so I came here to ask the experts. Thanks for your help.

post-73600-143138448871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Monty4Square (see edit history)

Great Old Car Photo !

He doesn't seem to think it's a step plate~~~

He think's it's a Doggie-Seat !

You couldn't get a better photo of those pupps~~~

It's as if they knew they were modeling for the photographer !

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

The car is a Model T Ford touring....maybe about a 1924 (a Ford guy can narrow the year down, perhaps). The step plates are aftermarket add-ons.

Model T Ford touring

I cannot make out the tire size, if 30 x 3 1/2 clinchers then 1923-24, if 21" straightside tire then the car is 1925.

The step plates are generic aftermarket, could have been put on about any car, one of these got put under a dog!

Isn't it a great photo? Those dogs look like they own that car. Anyway, who knew they had aftermarket add-ons back then huh? Funny thing was that I had labeled the photo as "Joe's dogs on a Model T" but I didn't want to look like an idiot so I changed the name. Thanks for the help, you guys are the best.

Dash light on the instrument panel and the 2 bright door handle extensions that are standing up from back side of front and rear doors are also aftermarket accessories.

Yes this is a 1925, front door hinge has short lower arm. One year only feature.

Edited by Layden B
more info (see edit history)