Sign in to follow this  
Tom Laferriere

1931 Peerless Custom Eight Barn Find Video

Hi everyone,

Just pulled this car out of a long hibernation. Watch the video, its fun.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZatzC_RD0Ng" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

That is a tremendously cool find. As a club sedan with the body ending over or before the rear axle the body lines are very nice. Lose the spare tire covers, find an appropriate trunk or have one made and that is an outstanding car.

One of my favorite parts of the old car fever...bringing it home!

Tom,

Fantastic thread you have here! Great video of your Custom Eight! I've never seen one. I could be mistaken, but don't think there are any in the western half of the U.S.

----Jeff

It is a good looking car, in my option, but it will need a lot of work. It is too bad that it is out of my budget.

We scrubbed the car is weekend. Looks pretty good and now is running. A fuel system service is next and then off to get coffee!

post-37975-143138479155_thumb.jpg

post-37975-143138479161_thumb.jpg

post-37975-143138479166_thumb.jpg

post-37975-14313847917_thumb.jpg

I think the amazing thing is that in the video the car looks all black. Now we can see it's green. Hopefully a collector from Cleveland will end up with it so it can "come home" again. I got a few bricks from the Peerless factory before they tore it down in the late 1990's.

Yes, the car runs quite well. Will be servicing the remaining fuel system this weekend and expect to go for a ride soon. Exciting times here in Smithfield!