1990reattaheadlightswitch

Guest gunsmoke59

Guest steveskyhawk

If I needed those switches I'd contact Mike at buickreattaparts.com

480 239-2788

The horn buttons wont be too expensive but the 1990 light switch is discontinued and consequently a little pricy but he is the only one who has them. Light switches from other year and models do not interchange. Beware of people selling "rebuilds". I have received calls for switches from others that used rebuilds and they had shorts, melted wires and some had fires. If you you get a bad one you will need to change your screen name to "Dash Smoke."

Good luck

The '90 headlight switches are one of a kind and only fit the '90 Reatta as that is the only year they had that switch with the fog light button on the bottom. The '91 Reattas and the Rivieras had a similar switch but did not have the fog light button on it.

I have good '90 headlight switches available. These switches have been disassembled, cleaned, checked for any worn parts and those parts replaced if necessary and then put back together. I then test them in my own car to make sure all functions are good.

I sell these switches for $ 60 exchange and guarantee them to be good.

Steve's statement about him hearing reports about "rebuilt" switches is CRAP.

These switches are a pretty simple arrangement and have two rocker type contacts. Sometimes someone will push too hard on the lights button and the switches can fall apart. About 50% of the time when this happens it will blow the parking light fuse.

In the '88-89 Reattas the headlight switches are a completely different arrangement of contacts and in these switches the contacts can get pitted or dirty and when this happens heat can be generated and can cause the wires to melt behind the switch but the '90-91 switches are completely different and this will not happen. I have disassembled at least 50 '90 style switches and have never seen pitted contacts.

I have an electronics background and am 100% sure no fire will ever start from a '90-91 style switch and challenge anyone to PROVE that a fire started from the headlight switch. Yes some Reattas have caught fire but not from the headlight switch.

They did make a '90 mid year change in the wiring of the Reattas but the switches did not change and whether I assemble a switch or the factory assembled the switch it will go together the exact same way as it is a very simple assembly.

Now unfortunately, I am leaving for Mexico for 16 days and will not be able to ship a switch until I get back and even worse I know Steve will come back with some false information and I will not be able to respond because I suspect I will not have internet access while I am away. He has stated in the past he does not have any electrical background but likes to sell his parts at high prices and criticize anyone who might sell for less than he does.

I take this very personal because to the best of my knowledge I am the only one repairing these switches and Steve keeps taking shots at my headlight switch service.

A person should never have to pay more than about $ 125 for one of these switches on an outright basis.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Guest daveagain909

I have gotten 2, 1990 light switches from jim finn and they both worked and looked good, I am going on more than 2 years with one without a problem Thanks jim for providing good used parts at a good price..