Seat foam

bb1970

I found a thread here from Dirty Dan a few years back. He had problems with the seat buns he got from Clarks Corvair. He found they are foam for a Corvair. Just by looking all the early 60's GM car bucket seat look very similar other than upolstery patterns. Clarks wants $118 for each seat. I've seen Impala seat foam for $139 for both seats. If they are so close why pay nearly double. The front is all I'm going to re-upolster.

According to Clark's catalog, the sets he sells "Do not fit 1965 Custom seats" only the standard interior seats which would be like the seats from a '64.

Here's the link to their site. When it opens, in the blank for the page, type in R-9

Clark's Corvair Parts, Inc. - Corvair Parts Catalog - Over 12,000 parts

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I had a chance to measure a '64 Impala SS bucket seat today. It measured within a 1/4" of my '65 Riviera standard bucket seat. I took several measurements of width on the seat bottom and back. Just over all length of bottom and height of back. Even seat frame at the bottom. I bet they are the same seat foam. I'm going to order them. It may take a month or so to get everything in and installed. I'll let everyone know how well they work out.

• 1 month later...

I ordered seat foam and covers from OPG. The foam came in immediately looked fine. The covers were back ordered for a month. They came in a month and a half after I ordered them. And look like crap. Way too light in color. And a weird blotchy pattern. I know my interior is faded. I can't imagine they actually think this is a direct match for a factory color.

102_1429.jpg

Agree, go with Clark's. I just got my FREE sample in the mail. According to their catalog their version of the #736 vinyl material is a perfect match to original. I also ordered a free sample of their trunk lining material. These and the rest of my order were shipped the next day. Fantastic!

Definitely call to get a sample BEFORE ordering. They won't take returns due to color.

Send them back. The seat pattern is sewn in the '63 style. The '64 / '65 style has a solid piece that separates the "bicuits" from the skirt. Look at Clark's catalog and you can see the difference.

Ed

PS - Has anyone had anything good to say about anything they've ordered from OPG?

PS - Has anyone had anything good to say about anything they've ordered from OPG?

Yes, but not with Buick parts. OPGI made their name in Chevrolet parts, then moved into Pontiac parts. Chevelle, Impala and Camaro parts have been ordered from them on my past projects and quality parts were delivered. I have not ordered any Riviera parts parts from them and am sorry to hear that others are having problems. I know they are new to the Riviera marketplace. Maybe they can turn this around and be the quality supplier they are to the :confused:other brands.

Yep, I have yet to hear ANY good things about ANY Riv parts from OPG. It's too bad, since I have their Riv catalog, and while there is the typical BS parts in there, it's a fairly nice catalog. I guess it's kinda like Bose. All marketing, cheap product.