91 Reatta no spark

Guest mikeleon

Guest mikeleon

When I first hooked up the scanner to test . I noticed the data was mostly zeros , tps showed but wouldn't change with the pedal, rpms showed over a million. hooked the scanner to my 90 buick and the scanner worked fine. I have replaced the ecm, the ign. module, tested crank sensor, Thats when I unhooked the ecm and noticed all the data stayed the the same, even the rpm

You should get spark with just the coil pack and the crank sensor, have to check in a mitchell's repair manual for the procedure in testing that circuit out,, but it starts out that you have to check for 12V at the coil pack connector, and 5V at the crank sensor plug,, the coil pack controls the main engine ecm, and the fuel injectors from the pulses off it.. you may also have a cam sensor too,,it will run with out that thought as the magnet fell off my cam gear and continued to drive it,, and still passed the e-test... if you cant find the troubble shooting procedure let me know and will see if i can get a copy off my service manuals