57 roadmaster trunk sheet metal

Guest MARTINOS1

Guest MARTINOS1

hi i was wondering what i could use for my trunk floor and lid? i am having a problem now with my 57 roadmaster. i need the floor, and lid and cannot find any company that sells them. any modification ideas or anyone know who makes the real deal...thanks my friends.:)

Guest Jim_Edwards
hi i was wondering what i could use for my trunk floor and lid? i am having a problem now with my 57 roadmaster. i need the floor, and lid and cannot find any company that sells them. any modification ideas or anyone know who makes the real deal...thanks my friends.:)

Can you help us out a bit here by telling us the body style? 2dr, 4dr, or conv.?

Depending upon which, the trunk lid will be the same as some Caddy's and perhaps some Oldsmobiles if you don't mind filling in trim holes and drilling new ones. The trunk floor is going to be another issue.

Jim

Guest MARTINOS1

its a four door hard top 1957 roadmaster ..but i found a trunk pan for it today,,its coming out of a 57 century the guy cut it out. i may have to modify but thats ok...now i have another question...lol..i marked the drive shaft by the transmission b4 pulling the trans out...do i have to mark the rear end to, or can i just pulled it out now..its got the 2-3 piece tube that goes around the drive shaft...let me know if you get time and thank you for your quick response

Guest Jim_Edwards
its a four door hard top 1957 roadmaster ..but i found a trunk pan for it today,,its coming out of a 57 century the guy cut it out. i may have to modify but thats ok...now i have another question...lol..i marked the drive shaft by the transmission b4 pulling the trans out...do i have to mark the rear end to, or can i just pulled it out now..its got the 2-3 piece tube that goes around the drive shaft...let me know if you get time and thank you for your quick response

The Century trunk floor should fit just perfectly if the guy didn't make a mess out of cutting it out. It's always a good idea to mark what went where when dealing with anything that rotates.

Jim

Well, I'm not sure that the Century trunk floor will fit perfectly. It is a Series 60 car, with the same dimensions as the Series 40 special. It will be narrower by about 3 inches compared to the Roadmaster ( Series 70). An exact fit would be a Super (Series 50) or of course, a Roadmaster.

Same with the trunk lid. You will need one from a Super or a Roadmaster as well. Buick was funny back then, because the 40/60 series vehicles shared commonality with the Olds 88, and the Buick 50/70 series vehicles shared commonality with the Cadillacs.

As for the Bumper stuff..I have a full Front Bumper, if you need it. It will need to be rechromed, but it is all there. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Guest MARTINOS1

thanks jims, and i just found a pretty nice bumper. i did hear that the roadmaster is wider than the century and i might have to ADD to get it to fit...but he said it would depend how far width wise it was rotted..mine is only in the middle and of course the lid bottom...thanks guys, i love this forum it is the best for answers...please check out my other question about the driveshaft...thanks again....

Guest northern wayne

I have a 57 roadmaster, not much fits from a special or a century.

There is an ad in the BCA magazine under parts for sale. "1957 Roadmaster or Super fenders, hoods, trunks etc. Ronald Patterson, BCA#44789 (479)970-9518. He sent me some stuff and I am up in Canada. Good guy to deal with!