This has probably been beaten to death... LOWERED reatta

Guest diesel991

Guest diesel991

I have a 1988 Reatta, its very clean and very well maintained and I am very happy with the car. I just want to change a few things as per my taste. One of the things I want to do is drop the car front and rear and get a nice stance (i already ordered some very nice staggered wheels to compliment) ANYONE know where i can find lowering springs? Or whats the best way to lowrer the car? im going for a custom look.

EDIT: see pictures Stock reatta lowered as advertised in magazines and my current set up before new wheels and lowering and someones car thats already lowered (thats my goal)

post-69159-143138438557_thumb.jpg

post-69159-143138438559_thumb.jpg

post-69159-143138438561_thumb.jpg

post-69159-143138438867_thumb.jpg

Edited by diesel991 (see edit history)

spyhunter2k had a lowered Reatta that he just sold on eBay. You might send him a PM to see what all he did. The front isn't the hard part. In fact, i believe it's pretty easy. But the back is a bit harder. I believe spyhunter had custom leaf springs made. Does anyone know who bought his car? I was so close to buying it myself... even was in my neck of the woods.. :(

You might try Jon (63viking). I think he's lowered his car some. Hopefully he'll chime in soon..

• 2 years later...

a magnet doesn't stick to it so if its metal its stainless steel.if its not metal it should not be a a big deal to shave some of it off reducing the spring rate.the shipping from indiana would be too high.i might go get one from the pull a part.are the riv and reatta springs the same?it seems the riv spring would need to be thicker for the extra weight.

...are the riv and reatta springs the same?it seems the riv spring would need to be thicker for the extra weight.

The Riv spring depends on if it came from a FE1 (soft suspension) car, or FE3 (optional sport suspension) car. The Reatta has FE3 parts, but the spring has a different part number. I have no idea how different the spring rates are. Would be interesting to know. So if you want to try a Riv spring, I would suggest at least trying to find a FE3 version.