Philadelphia Restoration Company Info Needed ?

Guest Silverghost

Silver Ghost, Your last entry sounded great. You might talk with some local High School teachers and find a young mechanic to hire as an after school or weekend helper. They know the kids with energy and who the good ones are.

Doing this gives you a mentoring job as well and can be quite rewarding. It also sets a commitment for scheduling and keeps the progress flowing.

Bernie

Hi Brad,,,,no its the Ghost that has the indestructable camel hair lining,,,the later Pierces,,31-33-36 series had a multiplate like Simplex , Loco [and model a] Be careful that the spark is retarded when using the starter,,as a kickback can break the big reduction gear in the starter,,there is a overrunning clutch,and the rollers catch in a bad way if it fires back,This is not a common problem,,,its an angle cut gear so its a fuss to duplicate,,but in use , has a most melodious sound,,

Someone should make a tape of the really great sounding starters,, I keep getting stuck on these memories,, Cheers Ben

Quite a"Beast" indeed !

I think this would be a good deal for BOTH of us at this point !

He would at least know Finally what he has here~~~

It might also help him decide which way to go on a possible future restoration~~~

If I owned this Series 36~~~

It would be a Driver-Survivor!

What do all my Fellow Forum Member Friends think about this Idea ?

I think this sounds like great idea and hope that it happens. You would be doing him a huge favor and benefit yourself for having an outlet for a little positive energy. Good luck, Todd