PreWar Mercedes Benz

alsancle

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, JonathanSierakowski said:

AJ this Tourenwagen passed from the Germans to the Russians and then to the motor pool mechanic that maintained it through both regimes. Then it was purchased by the U.S. solider that brought it to the States. 

I suspect a lot of cars (and other objects) had multiple temporary owners before ultimately going one way or another, and it worked both ways. Territory first occupied by the Russians was ceded to the Allies who eventually took things West, and vice versa cars from areas first occupied by U.S. troops then ceded to Russians ultimately ended up going East. 

This book gives an account of where the cars ended up after the war:  https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-devils-mercedes-the-bizarre/9781250069726-item.html?ikwid=devils+mercedes&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

Craig

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 2:45 AM, alsancle said:

Steve,  if you check out the Salon pictures in the first few pages you will see one with the single spot light.  But you are correct.  I'm not a fan of doodads.

Hello Alsancle, I read your article about Mercedes 540k (1936-1940) coud you give me the data of owner of this kind of car?  

57 minutes ago, FERNANDO46 said:

Hello Alsancle, I read your article about Mercedes 540k (1936-1940) coud you give me the data of owner of this kind of car?  

Hi Fernando,  are you asking about 540k Mercedes?   There is a good thread on Mercedes in this section of the forum.

12 hours ago, alsancle said:

Hi Fernando,  are you asking about 540k Mercedes?   There is a good thread on Mercedes in this section of the forum.

Hello Alsancle, I like so much the Mercedes 540 k that you spoke property of Ed Jurist. This car is property of Ed Jurist or other people? Do you have contact of the owner of this Mercedes 540 k to can speak him? email or address, telephone or forum contact?   

Fernando,   you should ask the question over in the Mercedes thread and perhaps somebody can help.   Ed Jurist was a dealer and sold many cars and including multiple 540k Mercedes.  If you post a picture or quote the post showing the car you are thinking about I might be able to help.

12 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Fernando,   you should ask the question over in the Mercedes thread and perhaps somebody can help.   Ed Jurist was a dealer and sold many cars and including multiple 540k Mercedes.  If you post a picture or quote the post showing the car you are thinking about I might be able to help.

Hello Alsancle, the Mercedes 540 k number of classic car 0023, where can i get online the owner of this  number classic car 0023?

On 12/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, FERNANDO46 said:

this is the phtoto

mercedes 540k.jpg

On 12/11/2018 at 1:55 PM, alsancle said:

Fernando, I'll send you a PM.

Hello Alsancle, please send me the photo to my chat, and where do you get serial number 189.424 is so high not? do you have list of serial numbers? 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, alsancle said:

Hello Alsancle, could you send me the other photo for this chat?, Where do you get the serial number 189424? is very high not? is well? do you have photo of serial number? i think is mistaken...

5 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Hello Alsancle for the photo but the serial number 189424 is so high, do you have database of serial numbers 540k? or photograp of the serial number of this car? I remenber serial numbers of this car around 160.000 more or less, It is probably 169424 not?      

1 hour ago, FERNANDO46 said:

Hello Alsancle for the photo but the serial number 189424 is so high, do you have database of serial numbers 540k? or photograp of the serial number of this car? I remenber serial numbers of this car around 160.000 more or less, It is probably 169424 not?      

Serial numbers on the 540k can range from 105100 to 422000.   They do not follow a standard blok of 400 consecutive numbers.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Serial numbers on the 540k can range from 105100 to 422000.   They do not follow a standard blok of 400 consecutive numbers.

OK thanks, I attach you a photo of 540k or 500k, have you ever see this car in United States?  what model is this exactly?    

Mercedes.jpg

4 minutes ago, alsancle said:

The car is a 500k Special Roadster.   Setback radiator.  White bumpers.   Not Bob Day car as photo was taken in Europe.  Do you have a more precise location or any other info on the driver?

Who is Bod day? this car was bought by my grandfather "Petronilo Perez Escorial" and this car was bought in Germany, and this car was stolen in Spain around 1937, I look for this car and I need the serial number, My grandfather told that like car in the world only three: My grandfather, Hitler and the prince of Gales maybe with double turbocompresor is it possible, if you can help to find serial number or the car will be wonderful....      

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

The car is a 500k Special Roadster.   Setback radiator.  White bumpers.   It was shown at

Bob Day owned a very similar car in the 1950s.  Not the same car as that one had hood screens and Bob owned it prior to WWII.

I sent you a PM.

Bob Day owned a very similar car in the 1950s.  Not the same car as that one had hood screens and Bob owned it prior to WWII.

I sent you a PM.

I sent you a PM.

I sent you a PM.

The car is a 500k Special Roadster.   Setback radiator.  White bumpers.   It was shown at Pebble this year.

image.thumb.png.6324bc0d1ca78a245664425edaf05ed0.png

Hello Alsancle, where are "Pebble"? I read only 5 cars in the world actually (2 in Musseum de Stugart) but I need to know serial number how can I get serial number? 

image.thumb.png.6324bc0d1ca78a245664425edaf05ed0.png

I sent you a PM.

Dear Alsancle, could you check me if this serial number 123.768 is the car of my grandfather, I attach image and check please if the numbers can to be changed.... 

SERIAL NUMBER.jpg

I sent you a PM.

I think that the model number 3 is diferent in kg 2350  and in serial number 123768, are you with me in this detail? where are this car now? is plate danish?

10 hours ago, FERNANDO46 said:

I think that the model number 3 is diferent in kg 2350  and in serial number 123768, are you with me in this detail? where are this car now? is plate danish?

Good catch on the different stamped used for the number "3".   The weight and HP were stamped with a single machine punch, while the body and chassis number were hand stamped.

I'll need to look at some other plates to see if they same stamps were used on the chassis number.   That is the chassis # associated with that car since the early 1950s so I would believe it to be authentic.